Part 23

(Maddison's p.o.v)
~~5:30 am~~
Last minute homework fucking sucks. I forgot how much homework I have, and it's all due in today. YaY. The majority of it is due in after lunch break so i could always do it during lunch break, but I want to get it done as soon as possible...at half five in the morning. I have time tho, because I showered last night at got my outfit out already, I also practiced my music last night, as the exam is first period.
-
I was just finishing off my book report for my English class when I heard a sound beside me, a faint tapping, it sounded like a bird tapping on my window.

I turn my head, looking at the window, my curtains were still shut. After placing my pen down, I get up and walk over to my window, pulling the curtains over. It was still early, so the sun had barely started rising fully yet. I pull my window, the glass rising as I open it from the bottom.

I peer out and look to the left, where the tree was, hoping the was just a bird that I could scare away. But something hit my forehead, landing in the windowsill. "Is this a fucking lucky charms?" I mumbled as I look up directly in front of me towards grays window.

"Yeah!" Grayson called from his window. "There really good, you should eat them more often!" He said jokingly.

"Grayson, you know damn well I hate cereal!" I say acting serious, we both giggle.

"Why are you up?!" He calls while eating the dry cereal with his bare hands. "Your never up this early" he says with a mouth full of lucky charms.

"Neither are you!" I object

"Yeah but I couldn't sleep." He says with a obvious tone

"Why not?" Curiosity filled me

"No reason, just tell me why your up bitchass!"

"I have homework, and a lot of it, but-" before I could finish, I heard a loud gasp. His eyes were wide and his hand was slapped over his mouth in shock. "I haven't done the Shakespeare book report thing! I haven't even read the book!" He said.

"Shit, you should probably do that now, just look up a book report on google, copy and paste then change the words around a bit." I shrugged, knowing he could easily just do that.

"Omg! Yes, Mads, your a life saver!" He said, "oh, by the way, im driving you to school, we gotta talk." His expression changed a bit as he pulled down his window, slamming it shut. I did the same, laughing.

~~7:20am~~
I heard three loud honks from a car as I walked down the stairs with my backpack on one shoulder. I opened the door as I slipped on my black and white vans.

Grayson used to take me to school a lot, then my mum decided to send money over to me so I could buy my own car, so I did, I also had to get my license, so I haven't been driving for that long.

I walked across the front yard to the car and jumped in the passenger seat. I placed my bag by my feet as I pull the door shut, slamming it slightly. "Morning!" I said happily as I connected my phone to the aux cord. Grayson didn't respond, he just turned in the engine and pulled out his driveway. My eyebrows raise as I unlock my phone, shocked by the fact he didn't respond. "Are you okay?" I question hesitantly.

"Y-yeah. That's what I wanted to ask you." He said, running a hand through his hair, keeping the other on the wheel. I press shuffle on Billie Eilish album, being sure to turn it down so we could talk. "Are we just going to pretend that what happened on the weekend didn't happen?"

My stomach tied in a knot and my heart sunk. I am still not 100% sure on what happened. The only information know is what I could get out of Ethan the other day, and that wasn't much because I walked away...stupid? I know.