7: Yodelling Walmart Kid

Chapter 7: Yodelling Walmart Kid

Luna*

"So, lets get to work," Lucas held a hand out to me and pulled me up.

Everyone started moving around tables and grabbing cleaning utensils while the remaining students leave.

"Anyone got music?" Taylor called out.

"On it," Dean went to his bag and took out a speaker and his phone.

The song 'Work from Home' by fifth harmony played out loud as we started cleaning.

By we, I mean the girls while the boys compared each other's biceps and maybe Dean if twerking along the table counts.

"Dean!" Bee called out to him, "Your contaminating the table even more!"

We laughed at him as he pouted and moved off it.

I grabbed a mop and started mopping up the mix of food on the floor.

"Cupcake," Ace came up to me with another mop in his hand, "Tell me something about yourself."

"And why should I do that?," I asked him, leaning my hand on my mop.

"Why not?"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, my birthday is September 6th."

"But that was yesterday," he cleaned slowly around me, "We should celebrate and do something,"

"I don't like celebrating my birthday," I looked around to see Raven was listening, I gave her a pleading look.

It was my 5th birthday when my parents went missing and since then I have never went out or had a party for my birthday, it just brought back bad memories.

"Why?" He looked at me with a surprised expression.

"Uhh Luna?" Raven interrupted, "Can you help me with the tables?"

Thank the Lord.

"Sure," I say relieved, "I will talk to you later."

I walk over to her and propped the mop on the wall while giving her a secret high five.

"Thanks, I owe you one." I wipe the table with a cloth I found.

"It's all good, can you help me move it?" She indicated to the table.

I nodded in response but the table was too heavy.

"Taylor, Bee?" I call for them, "Help us move the table?"

They came over any helped pick it up, as we moved it to were it's meant to go I asked them,

"Is there anything important we should know about while we are here?"

"Well events wise there is quite a lot," Taylor answered, "There are 4 major events."

"Which are?"

"There is the school fundraiser, the Decade Dance, then the annual City Ball, then the Westside Pageant which only happens every 3 years and then there is the obvious homecoming," Bee said in on breath and added, "then the rest is all pep rallies and frat parties."

"What is theme is the Decade Dance?" Raven said.

"Last year it was the 60's, defiantly not doing that one again but this year it's the 20's."

We were about to reply but the song 'Work' by my girl Rihanna blasted on the speakers. We turned around to see all the boys in a line with big, suspicious grins on their faces. Then their turned their backs to us and started twerking.