51: Follow The Rules

Chapter 51: Follow The Rules

Luna*

Instinctively, I pushed Ace off to the side of me and shielded him from whatever kind of danger that was in front of us.

It was Commander Ryder. An angry Commander Ryder.

Yep, definitely dangerous.

"Cockblock." Ace mumbled.

I jumped to my feet then awkwardly fixed my messed up hair and pushed up shirt, "Commander Ryder.."

"What in hell do you think you're doing?"

"I-we- mouth- uhh.." I was at a loss of words.

"We kissed and it was my fault, I'm sorry..Commander Spider?" He forgot what her name was.

"It's Ryder," I coughed.

"Meh..close enough," He shrugged cheekily making me laugh.

I quickly covered it up with a cough, "No- it was my fault, I'm sorry I compromised with the target, punish me not him."

"Its not like I was gonna punish him anyway," Ryder laughed then pointed at me, "As for you, you're coming with me."

"Wait, but what about me?" Ace asked.

"Some personal bodyguards are taking you home, troublemaker." She pointed in the direction of Ace's car which was now surrounded by shiny black ones.

Ace turned around, "Phil?"

"Mr. Crawford," He nodded back.

"Let's go, Prescott." Ryder grabbed me by my wrist and tugged me away from him.

"Bye! I'll text you later!" I shouted over my shoulder.

"No she won't!" Ryder yelled, equally as loud.

***

After we left the park, the car ride to Head Quarters was silent and so was the walk to her office.

Everything stopped in the lobby full of people to watch me staring at my feet to avoid prying stares as I followed Commander whose heels were clicking on the floor.

Once she closed the door of her office, I sat down in one of the chairs.

"How did you know we were together anyway?" I questioned.

"I'm your boss, if you don't think that I have access to the house cameras that Noah installed, you have another thing coming."

"Dammit Noah.." I mumbled.

"Luna.." Ryder spoke softly, "You broke the rules."

"I know," My knee was bouncing up and down, "What are you going to do?"

She started to pace, "I honestly don't know, you're one of the best agents we have.."

Then I thought, would it be worth it?

Losing everything that I've worked for. The years of training. The strength that I've built after the many times that my weakness was exposed. The thrill and adventure. The feeling that I know my parents would be proud.

"Things like this get taken to the General, I don't know what to do.."
Ryder carried on pacing around the room.

Neither Raven, Noah or I have ever seen the General in person before. I've heard stories of how he rescued countless people, his adventures through jungles and deserts, how many times he faked his death then kicked enemies asses and how he changed from the charming man to a platonic expressionless man he is now.