44: I'm Sorry

Songs:

- Let you down // NF

- Let it go // Cover: Madilyn Bailey

Chapter 44: I'm Sorry

Before I start I just want to say I actually have no idea what football terms these are..

Luna*

Everything happened so fast.

Red, white and black uniforms crashed into green and yellow ones and I didn't even know where the ball went until I saw as move backwards in from their formation with the ball in his hands.

Phew.

I saw him quickly throw the ball to the open wide receiver before he go tackled to the ground and the WD ran into the end zone.

"Touchdown!" Our side of the crowd jumped up.

Wow, 6 points already.

The quarterback on the Bayside Bears looked like he wanted to punch every single person in the stands and on the field. Imagine what he would be like after our team wins the game.

***

Okay. So I probably shouldn't have judged the Bears too early.

We had just finished the second quarter of the game making it now half time. We were down by six points. 24 - 30.

The cheerleaders from both teams were starting to do their routines to entertain the crowd as well as our wolf mascot who was flipping and flossing. Yep, our mascot is cooler than the Bear's one who was just holding a pot of honey.

Our team were taking off their helmets from the heat and not playing the actual game then shaking out their hair.

Jocks, I rolled my eyes. Could they be anymore attention seeking?

Ace called a group huddle, I'm assuming to change their positions and sending players on and off the field.

"Hold this," I held my popcorn out to Noah, "Actually.."

I handed it to Raven instead, knowing that Noah would eat all of it the time I came back.

I dodged past people who where walking up the bleachers as I went down to the border separating us from the field.

"Hey," I caught Ace's attention and he quickly stepped away from their group.

"What are you doing?" He jogged over to me then added, "Nice jersey, where did you get it from?"

"From a QB who needs to rearrange his formation." I deadpanned.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're already in the I formation, correct?" He nodded in reply, "Change it to the 'Ace' formation, don't be so flattered, it can also be called the 'Single Set Back,'"

"I think I'm gonna leave it as the 'Ace' formation," he smirked, "How did you know to change it to that?"

I pointed to the other team who were sent on a player as defence, this guy was bigger and more muscular than the others.

"Yikes.." I could hear Dean say from their almost-complete group huddle.

"Right.." he gives me a grateful look before going back to his teammates.