54: Baby Daddy?

Chapter 54: Baby Daddy?

Luna*

There was only one thing on my mind.

Thank god, Commander Ryder made us wear bulletproof vests.

"Mothertrucker dude, that hurt like a butt cheek on a stick." I groaned.

"This is no time for references, Luna," Raven said not the slightest bit amused, "I shot her in the leg so she mustn't have gone far."

So that was the second gun shot.

She helped me up onto my feet and I followed behind her when she lead the way as I picked up our discarded guns.

We followed the trail of splattered blood and the curses that was said in a feminine voice. I didn't dare to breathe when we came to a dead end with only one small archway into a secluded room. Hayley was sitting against the corner biting on her red jacket while trying to fix her wound.

"The bitch actually shot me," I grunted quietly, "I'm gonna rip that weave right of her head-"

The sound of footsteps made me freeze in my spot. Raven and I looked at each other with the face of utter confusion and fright.

We pressed our bodies against the wall as our best effort to be out of sight when the suspect came closer to the corner we were hiding in.

"Is anyone here?"

I instantly knew who the voice belonged to.

I slammed my hand over Ace's mouth and I saw him jump like one of those cartoons on tv. I put my index finger up to my lips to signal to be quiet while Raven carefully checked to see if Hayley heard anything. She shook her head, she did not.

Another set of footsteps approached, I pushed Ace behind me and held my gun in front of me.

"Ace?.." the voice whispered.

Oh my god. Noah.

He moved in front of us and put his hands up when he saw my weapon, "I swear I tried to stop him, he told me he was going to buy pop tarts from the store so I was like 'why would you do that in the middle of lunch break' then I went with him...so could you please put down the gun?"

I shook my head and put my gun back into my holster, "Next time, remember to tell me not to leave you alone with the target."

I saw Ace flinch at the word 'target' but I just brushed it off.

Abruptly, a shuffling noise came from the room. We quickly and as quietly as possible moved Ace from his spot, surrounding him. We located the nearest exit and got him out of the building and hid behind an old dumpster just in time to see Hayley limping out of the front entrance on the phone with someone while getting into her car.

"How can she drive with that leg? Poor girl." Noah mumbled to himself.

We all turned to him with the same 'why are you an agent?' look on our faces.

"What? It was a completely appropriate question!" My brother shrugged.

We focused back on the car, which was driving slowly, that drove out of the parking lot.

I made sure she was actually gone before signalling for everyone to come out from behind the dumpster.

I tapped my foot on the floor repeatedly while the others waited for me to lash out or have a complete hissy fit.

I tossed that idea out the window and got straight to the point, "How the hell did you know we were here?"

"You didn't think I would notice if you left?" Ace looked a little hurt, "Well it's not like you did last time."