65: You Know I Can't

Chapter 65: You Know I Can't

!IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END SO PLEASE READ IT!

Ace's POV*

"I want you to talk to me, I want us to be how we were, I want you make me understand." The rain soaked her hair and clothes, not that I minded.

Although there were probably more important things happening right now that I should be paying attention to.

"Sorry, that train has already left the station." I started walking away again but her small hand grasped around my arm and held me back.

Surprised, my eyes widened as my attention drifted from her face and to her hand.

"Why won't you let me in?" Her voice break made my heart plummet six feet under.

My face softened and I let my emotion shine through my eyes which I usually hide from everyone. Everyone except for her.

"I'm afraid of what you'll see when I do." I whispered finally, scared of what her reaction would be.

She moved her touch from his arm to cup the side of my tense face which I gently leaned into.

"Nothing you could ever do or say could make me change my mind on how I feel about you."

Something within me clicked as I pulled her face to mine. Placing my lips onto hers as she responded instantly to my touch as if she wanted this as much as I did. Electricity coursed through my veins as I pulled her waist closer to me, a long gone flame was reignited inside me from the way her fingers threaded through my hair.

Suddenly it stopped.

"Ace."

It was just us standing on the empty street. She stood a couple meters in front of me wearing the same dress she wore on that fateful night. My brows furrowed in confusion and I was about to call out to her when she abruptly turned around and started walking the other way.

Completely confused with what was going on, I followed her wherever she was going. Her footsteps soon became quieter as the sound of moving cars were getting louder.

Becoming more frantic, I quickened my pace to try and to catch up with her as the sight of cars driving along the high way came into view.

"Where are you going?" I finally spoke up.

But she carried on walking faster towards the oncoming traffic without acknowledging me.

I began to run when I realised what she was doing. Pushing my feet on the ground, she started to do the same thing when she heard my footsteps getting louder.

My legs burned but it seemed like something was holding me back when I tried to reach out to her but she always stayed in front of me. We were only a couple of meters away from the cars now.

No, No, No.

I felt tears begin to form in my eyes as I realised I wouldn't be able to reach her.

"Stop! Please! Stop!" I desperately called out.

She was a few seconds from standing in front of the car and it felt like time stopped.

"Luna!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I scrambled to sit up in my hospital bed, breathing heavily with sweat all over my body causing my clothes to stick to me.