52: Lover's Lane

thanks so much Casandram51 for designing this amazing cover featuring part of the cast ;) I love it!! xx

Chapter 52: Lover's Lane

Luna*

"Theo Whitney."

If I was drinking water, I would've done a spit take. But I wasn't.

So let's pretend that I did.

"What?!" We all exclaimed.

"Theo?" Raven whispered.

"Theo Whitney? As in the Theo who we spent almost our whole lives with? The Theo who always ate Noah's bowl of cereal? Theo who hates cereal?" I listed, still in shock.

"Yes, that Theo," Then Commander Ryder had a puzzled look on her face, "Why would he eat Noah's cereal if he hated it?"

"Because Noah didn't like it but he didn't wanna waste food either, so Theo would always offer to eat it." Raven refreshed the memory in our minds.

"Of course he would, the kid's got a heart." She placed his records on her desk.

"Why would you choose Theo?" Noah questioned.

"Have you seen how good the guy is?" Ryder said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But we are just as good." We stomped our feet, ready to start a tantrum if we really wanted to.

"He's got more experience."

"I think completing over 400 missions is experience enough." I mentioned.

"I know that he is the only person that you trust enough to do this mission." Commander sighed.

"We trust ourselves to do it." Raven tried to get her to change her mind.

"And the agency trusted you to follow the rules but look where that got you." She cocked her head to the side, challenging us to prove her wrong.

Damn, she is on fire tonight- actually it's like 1 AM so, this morning.

I gave both Raven and Noah looks, "Well I don't have an answer for that.. what about you guys?"

They shook their heads.

"Fine, Theo might be the best option for you to choose right now but it doesn't mean that we won't find a way to stay in this mission." I huffed.

That makes sense, right? Right.

"I'll be looking forward to when that happens, that is, if I'm still alive." Ryder started flicking through the folder.

"All that sass will kill you before the day comes."

"That's terribly boring, I was hoping to die in some sort of cool way, like in a high speed motor chase over an active volcano."

All of us shared a look, "That's cool."

"I bagzee doing that!"

"No, I'm gonna do it before you."

"I'm the one who said it!"