36: Just One Thing

Song:

- Skinny Love // Birdy

Warning: Tissues at hand just incase you are faint hearted ;(

Or if you have a cold ;)

Chapter 36: Just One Thing

Luna*

It had been eight hours since we first arrived at the hospital.

During that time, Raven told our friends what happened and they stayed for about 4 hours when their parents started telling them to come home. The doctors also came in and did their medical things to him.

Throughout those eight hours, my hand stayed glued to his. Even when the doctors needed to do tests, I couldn't be asked to fight with them so I just pretended to be asleep. With a death grip.

The three of my friends switched roles in leaving the room for bathroom breaks and food.

I lost the appetite for food the second that Ace took the cup from Hayley, I know, it's so weird for me not to be craving food. I also somehow magically lost my need to use the bathroom.

My head was resting on the bed and my fingers were tapping along the rails, matching Ace's heartbeats on the monitor.

"Lu," Noah held up some burgers in his hands, "Time to eat!"

"Bring them over here please, will you?" I asked politely then went back to tapping on the rails.

"Come on little sis, you haven't left that seat in hours, take a break or something." He placed the burger beside me.

"Can 'or something' count as sitting here?" I eat the burger which once was delicious but now seems tasteless.

"Why won't you leave the chair?" Noah laid down on the now empty couch.

Lucas and Raven left to get clothes and food a couple of hours ago.

"Because if I leave, he might wake up and I want to know if he is going to be okay, that he will be alright so that I don't have to worry about him not being here and he can see that I was here, the whole time, waiting for him." I spouted out.

"You care about him." Noah seemed surprised by this.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't but it's our job to protect him and what if I can't do something as simple as that?" I tried to get the subject off caring about Ace.

"You can't do that Luna, it's not allowed, they said No Attachments." Noah completely deflected my attempt to change the subject.

"You don't think I don't know that, Noah," Out of nowhere my bottled up emotions suddenly just spill out, "Did you think I wanted to care about our target? After 12 years of only having to care for 3 people in my life, I deserve to have someone else as well!"

"Luna, you don't get to say that to me. We both had only 3 people." Noah started raising his voice too.

"Well guess what? You have Raven to bloody love, and who do I have? No one! I have no one, Noah!" I yelled.

"Hey! What's going on in here?" Raven and Lucas were standing at the door with bags in there hand.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." I had a sarcastic tone, I was gripping Ace's hand so hard that I'm surprised he didn't wake up from it.

"Luna, what's gotten into you?" Raven placed the bag down and slowly inched towards me.

"With me? What's wrong with me?" 12 years of emotions were now just running thick in my veins, "Of course, it's me thats wrong. Not Noah, me."