35: Give It A Rest

Chapter 35: Give It A Rest

Luna*

I quickly dialled the agency's medics as Raven assessed what was in the drink.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Agent Prescott. Number 347, I need medics and Sea World. Crawford is sedated."

I heard rustling behind the phone before they answered, "We will have them there in 5 minutes, meet them at the front."

Then they hung up.

It took us 2 hours to get here, how will they send them in 5 minutes?

Lucas and Noah supported Ace as they helped him to the front gates.

"It contains medications that are used for sleeping sedation." She said, "And I'm pretty sure that they can't accidentally spill those into the drinks here."

Then it all clicked.

"Birdy, tell me what Hayley did when she came up to you?"

"She gave him the drink, stroked his arm and said 'see you later' then left." She retold what happened.

"Stroked his arm? See you later?" I started connecting the dots, "Oh shit, Raven go tell the chaperones that we left early, we were sick."

I ran towards the front gate to see Hayley and her mother with Dr. Martin fast approaching Ace.

I grabbed someone's purse, aimed then threw it at them and it made them all topple over each other.

I heard some 'oi's but that didn't stop me, I jumped over the three and got to Ace who was zoning in and out of consciousness.

I searched his arms and saw a small piece of metal on his left shoulder, I pulled it off and quickly put it on a manual operated food trolly.

"Come on, they won't be down for long." I lead them down the street and I could see our medic van coming.

I held a hand out to it and stopped it, "Get him on."

They got out and put Ace onto a stretcher, Noah and Lucas got into the van as well.

"Stay with him at all times,". I instructed, "I will get Raven and I will meet you there."

They agreed and shut the doors when I went back to the gates. At first I couldn't see her, I don't know how I didn't, but then there was a blur of movement. She was running at me with Rick Martin right behind her.

Once she got close enough to me, I pulled her behind the wall then waited for Rick to pass. As soon as I heard him I stuck my foot out then he tripped and landed hard on the pavement.

"Would you give it a rest, already?" I sighed, annoyed.

I made sure we were out of public view before knocking him out. I quickly pulled him behind a dumpster then walked back to Raven who just hung up her phone.

"They're sending a car over." She told me.

"Which hospital are they going to?"

"Saint Andrews, a couple of blocks away."

I rubbed my temples and sat down on the curb, it's the second week in on my mission and things are already getting dangerous.

"What were they going to do anyway?" Raven sat next to me.

"From the drugging and the tracker? I'm going to assume, kidnapping."

It was quiet for a while until she smiled, "At least you got to knock down those shitheads."

"Gee Raven, you do know how to make me smile." I laughed and shook my head, "I knew there was a reason we were best friends."

"Hey!" She playfully pushed me then looked at something over my shoulder, "Oh look, it's here."

I looked and saw nothing.

"Gotcha!" She guffawed.

"Yeah very funny." I rolled my eyes and actually saw our car coming, "It's here."

"Please, like I'm going to fall for that."

"Okay then." I stood up and sauntered over to the Dodger Charger Hellcat.

"Oh right." She dashed after me.

A man got out of the car then handed me the keys and before I could say thanks he walked away.

I looked at Raven and she had the same puzzled face as me.

Oh well.

We got into the car and drove straight to the hospital as fast as we could.

We ran past St Andrews Hospital reception and directly to the room
number that Noah texted me.

I saw Lucas and my brother standing outside the door with worried faces.

"What's going on?" I demanded.

"Ace was allergic to something in that contaminated drink." Lucas said.

"So?"

"So they have to keep him here till tomorrow evening to check up on him and tests." He explained.

"Why can't they just do it back in Cali?" [A/N: that's where they live 'Westside']

Noah and Lucas shared a look, "He was under a halcion sedative Luna..we don't know when he's going to wake up."

I knew what halcion was. It was used for sleeping pills.

The wheels in my brain stopped and so did everything else in my body. I was stuck frozen and still.

We don't know when he's going to wake up.

Those words echoed around my head.

The door suddenly swung open bringing me back down from wherever I was. A doctor stood there with a clipboard at hand.

"Visitors?" She assumed.

We held up our badges to him, except for Lucas obviously.

"Who are now welcome to stay whenever they want." She finished it like it was a sentence, "I'm Doctor Chandler and I will be looking over Ace for the next 30 hours."

Doctor Chandler opened the door wider for us all to come in.

"So," She looked down at her clipboard, "No external or internal bleeding, no concussion or damaged bone structure."

"So what else do you need to do to him that requires to stay here till tomorrow?" Lucas snapped quite rudely.

Either she didn't care or she ignored it, "We still have to find out if it will effect him later and if he needs medication for it."

"Do you know when he will wake up." I questioned, hopeful.

"Sorry, we don't. Allergies affect the time and damage of something like this." She gave me a sad smile. [A/N: still don't know if this is true or not but let's roll with it lmao]

I nodded and sat down in the chair next to the bed which a pale Ace was lying down on.

Lucas, Raven and Noah took all up all the space on the couch and we waited.

For Ace to wake up.

For this to be over.

For everything to be okay.

"What are you doing?" The doctor asked us.

I took Ace's unmoving hand in mine, "We're staying with him."

***
A/N: I know this chapter is kind of cheesy but I loved the lace ending 💓 4/5.

I'm just realising how late I'm posting all of these lol sorry!!

Chapter dedication to shifachowdhuary for leaving funny comments for me to read after a long day of school, thanks xx

The last 5 CM 2 after this ;((