31: That's How You Eat A Pineapple

A/N: Thanks so much for this cover SRSruthi with a badass Luna on it! Love it!!

Chapter 31: That's How You Eat A Pineapple

Luna*

Did you know that it takes around 0.3 seconds for the brain to react to something?

Well me neither.

In fact, right now it seems like it's taking me 3 hours to react to this one word that came out of Ace's mouth.

"Leave."

I blinked and licked my lips to try and bring my focus back.

I could see the pain, conflict, anger, devastation and much more emotion just by the look on his face. I didn't know what was inside and how to get him to open up.

I was torn between staying or leaving.

"If that's what you want." I gave him a decision, it was his to tell me what was going on in that head of his or to shut me out.

He hesitated then nodded.I knew he couldn't bring himself to say it to me.

"You know you can talk to me.." I repeated our conversation from yesterday.

"I know."

I walked past him and down to the front door. I quickly ran to the hidden compartment in my motorcycle and collected my emergency clothes from in there.

I took off back inside, avoiding the curious stares of guards and bystanders walking by the gate, and headed to the nearest bathroom. I quickly changed and clasped the red moon necklace around my neck then put the clothes I borrowed, back on Ace's bed and left him a note.

Ok. I'm doing as you said. I'm leaving.

- Cupcake

I went down the stairs, since my friends were still playing hide and seek I was sure that none of them would stop me.

None of them did. But my brother did.

"Hey, where are you going?" He stood in front of the entrance door, blocking me.

"Somewhere." I tried to go around him but he stepped to the side blocking me again.

"Seriously Lulu, What happened?"

"Ace asked me to leave so that's what I'm doing." I restored to crawling between his legs so he closed them, blocking my escape once again.

Damn you Noah.

You know all my tricks.

"Why would he do that?"

"I don't know! Ask him for me, will you? Because he obviously won't tell me."

"Luna-"

"Get out of my way Noah!" I finally barged past him and ran to my motorcycle before he could stop me.

I rode away, narrowly missing the slow opening gates. I went straight to the place where I knew was the only place I could get my answers.

HQ.

***

I scanned my ID and ran through to the agency's information library.

"Darcy!" I called out to her from the desk.

I heard a thump and the young teenage girl appeared from the back room with messy hair.

"Luna?" She walked up to the desk and flattened her hair out, "What can I do for you today?"