nine

i sigh/groan as i walk into the kitchen. what faces me is jakes lunchbox, which he forgot yet again to take to work. i groan again as i grab my jacket, car keys and lunchbox and walk out of the door. well, waddle.

i was eight months pregnant and it was hard. i waddle like a deformed penguin any and everywhere i go, i can't sleep at night because my bump is in the way and my baby kicks non-stop.

don't get me wrong, i also love being pregnant. i'm excited to bring my little man or lady into the world in around a months time. i remember when i first found out i was expecting. jake couldn't contain his excitement, he ran ten blocks to tell charles. obviously, charles was delighted and demanded that our child and nikolaj would be the bestest of friends.

i finally reach the precinct, after battling to reach the steering wheel over my bump.

i waddle into the precinct, getting into the elevator. many officers in the lobby cleared a path for me, knowing who i was and noticing that i was pregnant. i thanked every one of them before going up to the top floor.

the elevator dings and i walk out, placing one hand on my bump and the other holding the lunchbox and opening the gate to the bullpen. captain holt rushes over, helping me into the bullpen.

"mrs peralta. what a nice surprise. are you here for jake?" he asks, allowing me to sit at jake's desk. i nod my head, showing him his lunch which he left at home on the kitchen counter. he nods, telling me that he was currently interrogating a perp.

"if there's anything you need, feel no hesitation to ask me or one of the detectives. we'd be happy to help" holt assures me, patting my back before leaving. as he leaves, rosa sits down on the chair besides the desk.

"he's only being so nice because of what he did to the last pregnant woman who came in here" she tells me, sipping her coffee.

"what did he do?" i ask with intrigue. captain holt is such a nice person, there's no way he'd ever do anything wrong.

"the last pregnant person was sharon, the sarge's wife. when they walked in, she was probably as pregnant as you and he claimed she, quote unquote, looked like 'a mighty truck'" she tells me, chuckling at the end of her sentence. i widen my eyes at the fact that he would actually say that but soon laugh, seeing the comedy of the situation.

"y/n?! what are you doing here?!" jake exclaims, coming into the bullpen with amy traipsing behind him.

"i just came here to drop off your lunchbox" i tell him, gripping onto each side of the desk chair so i had enough leverage to stand up. jake immediately took my back and hands and helped me up.

"you shouldn't be here! you should be in bed with a plate of chicken laid on your stomach and netflix on the tv!" he tells me, getting all flustered.

"jake, calm down. i'm pregnant, i'm not dying. i am able to go out of the house and drive somewhere by myself" i say, rolling my eyes at his level of concern for me.

"i just get worried for you and the baby. i want to be a good husband and dad" he claims, sticking his bottom lip out.

"and you will be! you just need to stop worrying about me! anyway, how did the interrogation go? did your perp confess?" i ask him and his partner who was now sat at her desk.

"he confessed in like twenty minutes! confessed to every charge" amy said, opening her case file and getting her paperwork done. i send her a 'well done', a smile appearing on her face as i turn back to jake.

"ok, well i am going to get going. i've got some errands to run" i tell him, picking up my car keys from jake's desk.

"are you sure? i can do it once i finish work, don't strain yourself" he says, rubbing my lower back. i tell him that i am fully capable of doing a little grocery shopping and that he needs to stop worrying.

"i'll walk you to the elevator then" he says, sending me a kind smile. i nod my head, thanking and saying goodbye to everyone in the bullpen. jake keeps a hold of my back as i waddle to the elevator. i sigh, putting a hand on my stomach as i press the button.

"i will be so happy once this baby is out, he or she is driving me crazy!" i exclaim, letting out a small laugh. jake laughs too, glancing up at the elevator as the 'ding' sound is heard.

"please be safe. i will be home at six" jake tells me, pressing his lips to my forehead.

"i will be, i promise" i assure him, squeezing his hands before i waddle into the elevator.

a/n JAKE IS SO SOFT AND PURE I CRI

also sorry for not updating in like nearly a week, i've been studying like non stop