fifty four

my fingers type fast on the keyboard, my anger giving me the energy i needed to type as fast as i was. i could sense the tension in the room but at this point, i didn't care.

"are you ok?" charles asks me. i nod my head, looking at my colleague.

"oh, i'm fine charles. i'm just being quiet because SOMEONE told me i had to be" i shout, wheeling my chair backwards so i could see jake . he loudly gasps in annoyance and shock.

"i did not tell you to stop talking, i just said everything that comes out of your mouth is utter shit!" he exclaims back. i shook my head, his laughter laced with fury at my comment.

"oh wooow. real mature there jake. it was almost as mature as the time you told our parents that our wedding was on a different date because your mum and dad are embarrassing. news flash, all of our parents are embarrassing! deal with it!" i shout, shaking my head and grabbing my pen to fill in a form.

"well i shouldn't have told them anything because i wish our wedding didn't even happen!" jake yelled. the entire bullpen fell silent, shocked gasps coming from anyone. i shake my head once again, slamming my pen down onto the desk and standing up from my chair. i storm out of the bullpen and down the corridor to the evidence room.

i simply stand there, in awe of what actually just came out of my husband's mouth. jake can tend to get heated in arguments but there's no way he would ever say that.

did he mean it? does he wish he'd never married me?

as i'm thinking, i hear the door unlock and terry walks in, holding jake on his shoulders. he throws him down and i make sure i'm stood a distance away from him.

"right! this fight has gone far enough! you're both acting worse than my girls. i don't want to know or even care why you're fighting but it needs to stop. none of you are getting any work done because you're too busy shouting at each other and you're two of my best detectives. you know what? what even are you fighting about?" terry says, folding his arms and looking at the two of us.

i was about to answer but i didn't actually know. i wracked my brain thinking of everything but we'd been arguing so much that we'd actually forgot. i hang my head in shame as jake slowly places his hands in his pockets.

"oh, come on guys. listen, you're married, you're husband and wife, partners for life. you can't be letting petty arguments like this, whatever it was, get between you. now, i want to you apologise to one another. do it, right now" he instructs, turning jake's body so it faced mine.

"i'm sorry jake. nothing i said was true and all the things i said to you were so unfair. i love you" i say, shrugging my shoulders.

"i'm sorry too y/n. terry's right, you're my wife and i shouldn't be treating you like this. i didn't mean any of what i said, especially the part where i said i wish i hadn't married you. proposing to you was the best thing i ever did and it will be until the day i die. i love you so much and i honestly couldn't live without you" jake sincerely says, giving me a small smile. i smile back, taking his face in my hands.

i press my lips to his, his hands coming to my waist and his hips coming forwards like they always do. as we pull away, we see terry stood beside us tearing up.

"terry loves love" he squeaks before he wipes a fallen tear and exits the room, leaving jake and i.

"so.. do you want to do it at work?" jake asks, raising his eyebrows. i check the clock on the wall, considering his offer.

"it's lunchtime. why not?"