fifty

*warning; a brief mention of abuse*

i sigh, sitting myself down at my desk as i begin to sort my files for the next few days. i flick through, placing them in some sort of arranged, alphabetical pile; it didn't work. i loudly groan, running my hands up my face and through my hair. i stopped having a miniature meltdown when my colleague walked in. i sent him a smile, greeting him kindly.

"louis, hi" i say as he smiles back. his head tilted as he looked at my work pile.

"ugh, don't. i am so disorganised lately. what can i help you with?" i ask, standing up from my desk and wiping my hands down my skirt.

"i need you to sign this, it's for the dismissal of rose jones" louis tells me, handing me the document. i nod my head, grabbing the sheets of paper and walking over to my desk. i sign my name at the bottom and hand it back to him.

"when are you at the asylum next?" he asks, taking it from my hands. i glance over at my calendar, squinting my eyes.

"next wednesday, i think. i'm here in the offices until then" i reply. he nods his head before pulling his face.

"isn't it weird? working with the criminally insane and then coming here and working with police officers?" louis asks me, placing his hand in his pocket. i shrug my shoulders, thinking about it.

"i guess it was weird at first but then i got used to it. and besides, they're just like the criminals. well, not in all ways but in some. they've both experienced traumatic things, which allow us to do our jobs so.." i say, smiling once again. louis nods his head, bidding me goodbye until the end of the day and exiting my office. i walk back to my desk and log onto my computer, wondering who i had next. before i had the chance, my phone rang.

"this is y/n  y/l/n" i professionally answer.

"dr y/l/n, it's captain raymond holt, of the 99th precinct" he said down the phone. i leant forward in my chair, gripping the phone tighter.

"captain holt. what can i help you with?" i ask, getting my pen from my pot.

"i was wondering whether you could see jake in an hour. i just don't think he's having the best week, i wondered if you could see him now instead of on monday?" he asked. i gulped, twirling the pen between my fingers.

"of course. i don't have any patients until two so send him here at twelve, i'd he happy to see him" i lie, fake smiling even though he couldn't see me.

"excellent. thank you so much, dr y/l/n, i really appreciate it" captain holt says before the line goes dead. the phone remains in my grip, held to my ear for a moment, the dialling tone ringing. jake was coming, here, in an hour. i gently place the phone down and place my chin in my palm, staring out of the window and down at the streets of brooklyn.

i had been seeing detective jake peralta for a few weeks now. he had some childhood issues and captain holt had sent him here for departmentally mandated therapy sessions to try and work through this childish tendencies among other things. jake had something about him that somehow drew him to me, more than my other patients. we've gotten especially close which is morally wrong, i'm a doctor and he's my patient.

the hour soon passed and the knock at the door made me jump. i requested that the person come in and i leapt out of my chair when i see jake walk in.

"sorry, i didn't mean to make you jump" he apologised, showing a shy smile. i let out a small laugh before i motion for him to sit on the couch. i drag my chair from my desk across to in front of the couch. i sigh, rolling back and grabbing jake's file and placing on my knee before i could actually start the session. i open it up, momentarily glancing at his given picture  from the nypd.

"terrible, isn't it?" he says, scratching the back of his neck. i stutter for a moment before shaking my head.

"no, of course not. you look great" i say, looking at the recent and now jake. he smiles, muttering a small 'thank you' before i begin to speak.

"so, captain holt requested that you see me today instead of on monday. why is that?" i ask, getting my pen and readying it at the page.

"i think i might have got a little too worked up in interrogation" he admits, locking his fingers on his lap.

"worked up how?" i say, writing down the words he just told me.

"well, the case was on a man who abused his three children and their mother, his wife. he showed no remorse for what he'd done and i don't know, i guess something just clicked and i slammed my hands down on the metal table, i screamed in his face, i threw a chair. amy cowered in the corner of the room and terry had to come and drag me out" he explains. i bite my bottom lip, imagining how hot it would have been to see him do all that. i could ask for the security tape. no, that's crazy and creepy.

"do you know why you snapped like that?"

"because those children deserve better. they're innocent, they've done nothing wrong and they don't deserve a father like that. a father should play catch with them and take them to the park every weekend and put them to bed. not beat the shit out of them" jake says, shaking his head and putting it down.

"do you think you snapped due to the fact you don't have the best relationship with your own father? that you want them children to have a father figure and have someone to look up to, which is something you didn't experience during your youth?" i ask, looking up at him and crossing my legs. i catch jake staring at me as he thinks of his answer. i see his eyes wandering up my body.

"i-i don't know. maybe?" he replies, his eyes glaring at my chest. i nod my head, nervously writing his answer on the sheet. i look up again to see him leant further forward in his seat. before i could ask another question, jake shakes his head.

"come on doc, you're not stupid" jake says, his voice and tone seeming like he was reciting some kind of song. i adjust the collar of my shirt, suddenly getting very warm.

"what do you mean?" i say, clearing my throat.

"we both know what's going on here" he says, his head going down but his eyes keeping on me. my eyes widen slightly, watching him there. he stands up, his feet tip-toeing as he walked. he took himself closer to me, walking behind me. as he did so, his hand touched my shoulder. my eyes followed him without my head turning.

"you know and i know that this isn't going to work out" he tells me, his fingers acting like legs as they walk across my shoulders as his body stalks around me. he finally circles back to me, facing me once again.

"why's that? why won't our sessions work out?" i ask, taking a nervous and flustered gulp.

"because we desire one another" he whispers, placing his hands on my knees and bending over. he begins to pry my legs apart but i simply swat his hands with my clipboard and jump up from my chair. jake groans, standing up straight as i dust my self down and regain my professionalism.

"j-jake, you cant be doing this" i tell him, stuttering. he smirks, chuckling lowly.

"you were enjoying it" he says, taking a step towards me. i quickly let go of the breath i didn't realise i was holding and tightly grip the fabric of my skirt.

"i think that's it for today. if you w-want i can still see you on your designated slot on             m-monday" i tell him, walking back to my desk and getting my diary out. i see jake roll his head back and walk over to me. i wrote him an appointment slip and tell him to double check it with the receptionist. his fingers took it from my hand and he made sure to make some kind of physical contact with me.

"until next time" he whispers, his hot breath hitting my face as his hot, plump lips were inches away from mine. i fought with every bone in my body to not kiss him and take him right there and then. i nod my head, holding the door open and waving him out.

the door shuts and i quickly press my back against it, sighing and wiping my forehead with the back of my hand.

monday was going to be a whole lot harder.

a/n  shit is it hot in here?