fifty eight

"that's all the knowledge we have on that front, i'll inform you more once we gain more information" captain holt says as he straightens his papers on his podium.

"y/l/n, you want to fill us in on your case?" he says to me, gesturing for me to get up. i nod my head, grabbing my files and standing where my superior officer was seconds ago. jake stands up and starts to hand out files to all the detectives present. i clear my throat before i speak.

"yesterday we uncovered new evidence of where this dealer is hiding out. peralta is handing you crucial information about this guy and all his past business" i inform, glancing around the room to check everyone had the files.

"woah, he's dealt in south america too. and he's made $10 million" charles says, shaking his head in astonishment.

"we've handed these out for you just in case any dealers you may bring in know anything about his business. we're gonna catch this guy" i say, adding some positivity onto the end of my briefing. all the detectives nod their head, thanking me and leaving the room.

"you killed that!" jake exclaimed, coming over to me. he sat on the table before me with his file sat in his hands on his lap.

"why thank you" i say, smiling at him.

"i am so pumped to catch this guy. i reckon we can get him today, you down?" jake asks, raising his eyebrows at me. i frantically nod my head, running out of the briefing room and heading to jake's desk, where we've been working for the past few weeks.

within an hour, we had our dealer in his location and we called our team to action. we travelled in an unmarked car whilst they got to the warehouse in a police van.

we arrived outside and two officers got ready to bust the door open.

"wait for my signal" i say, speaking into my watch which was a walkie-talkie for the team. before i could do anything, jake spun me round, pressing his lips to mine.

"love you" he quickly says before readying himself too. i quietly counted down from three and then gave the signal. the men bursted in to a gang of surprises looking drug dealers.

"nypd! down on the ground!" i screamed, holding up my badge. the main guy was making a run for it and i ran after him. before i had the chance, another man tackled me to the ground. my head smashed against the floor as i landed.

"y/n!" jake exclaimed in panic.

"don't need help! get the boss!" i ordered him, desperately squirming so i could arrest this guy who tackled me. jake nodded, doing as i told him too.

this man who i presumed is the boss' deputy got on top of me and repeatedly punched my face. each time, i shouted out. like something took over me, i flipped this guy into his front and cuffed him. i stood him up and pushed him to the tactical team who had rounded up most of the criminals.

within ten minutes, jake came through the back of the warehouse with the boss of this narcotic ring. he quickly handed him to a member of the team and came over to me.

"are you ok? you're all busted up!" he gasped, touching my face. i swatted his hands away like a bug.

"i'm fine!" i exclaimed, shaking my head.

"come on, let's get these scumbags back to the precinct" i said. as i said that, i felt something wet hit my face. i turned my head to see the man who tackled me spitting.

"you're the scumbag, you stupid bitch" he grimaced at me, pulling his face. i got real close to him and said

"i think when you get sent to prison, you technically become a literal scumbag"

the men put them into the several vans that had arrived at the scene. i thanked the tactical team before jake and i went back to the precinct ourselves.

as i was driving, i noticed jake being a little upset.

"hey, are you ok?" i ask him, momentarily taking my eyes off of the road to look at him. jake ignored me, folding his arms and staring at the road ahead.

"fine" i say, shaking my head.

"ok i'll tell you" jake said in a huff, turning his body to face mine.

"i'm real pissed at you. i was trying to check that you were ok after you got roughed up by that guy and you straight up rejected my help! you made me look like a total idiot!" jake exclaimed, looking at me. i sigh, seeing his point of view.

"i'm sorry. i guess i just wanted to get the case shut and move on. i didn't mean to hurt your feelings" i apologise, taking my eyes away from the road to look at the man beside me once again. jake nods his head, smiling and muttering a small 'it's ok' before he goes to link our fingers. i smile too, bringing jake's hand up and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

"love you" i say, concentrating on the road whilst keeping our hands joined.

a/n  i'm sorry it's been weeks since i've updated. i've had my mock exams and it's all been a mess. i've also been working on another book.

if you want to read it, it's a queen roger taylor or ben hardy roger taylor oneshot book, which ever roger you prefer. if you're into them, i would really appreciate a read.

but thank you for reading this book too x