sixteen (part two)

amy immediately rises from the floor, coming over to me. rosa soon followed. even though I wasn't a detective and I didn't work at the nine-nine, these guys were definitely my family and my best friends in the world. 

"oh my god, what happened?" amy asked, sitting me down on the couch. I sighed before I could even think on responding. 

"well, he seemed to be real offended by my answer to the question. i seriously wasn't trying to hurt him, i was just being honest! but he kind of took offense to it and believed that i was trying to cut him out of my life so he did it instead" i explain, allowing a small tear to slip down my cheek. 

"have i caused this?" terry says quietly from behind me. i turn my body to see him hunched in a ball with a  nervous look on my face. i roll my eyes slightly. 

"of course not, terry. don't be stupid" i assure, giving him a weak smile. 

"no! no! this is not supposed to happen. you and jake are supposed to get married and have kids and grow old together! that's how i planned this for the three of us!" charles exclaimed, shooting up from the carpet. gina loudly groaned as she repeated his actions but slower. 

"look, i think it would be best for us to give y/n some space" amy suggests, looking at her fellow detectives.  they all nodded in agreement, giving me comforting hugs one by one before they left my apartment. 

i sit alone, on the cold floor, at half one in the morning with a half empty bottle of vodka. i should be sat with my boyfriend and his co-workers, playing spin the bottle and getting wasted and having the best night. well, i'm still getting wasted, just not with anyone else. 

i take a huge chug of the vodka, the intoxicating liquid sliding down my throat, burning every piece of tissue it touched. i cringe as it does so and blatently stare at the blank tv in front of me. as i do so, my eyes divert to the fireplace beside it. on there was a photograph of jake and i, from our first anniversary a couple of months ago. it was him and me, at shaw's bar, with drinks in our hands and huge smiles on our faces. jake's arms were wrapped around me from behind and honestly it was the best feeling. 

now, i was sat in a lonely pile on the floor. i take another huge swing of the vodka and from that point, i really don't remember much of that night. 

-------------------

my eyes reluctantly open however they soon squeeze shut again as the bright may sunshine came through the window. a groggy moan fell from my lips as i push my body up. i glance around to realise that i was lied on the living room floor. confusion takes over me before i look around a little further and see bottles of beer and vodka surrounding me. 

and like the memory of drinking, the memory of heartbreak comes back to me. my subconscious reminded me of the events that took place last night, before i passed out due to the alcohol. i realise that for the first time in pretty much a year and a half, i was single and that i was dumped, because of me. 

i sigh, tightly gripping the sofa and solely relying on it to get me off the floor. i shout in pain as i stand up straight and a sharp pain shoots through my head. my eyes widen as i bring my hands to massage it to try and relieve the incredible pain i was in. 

i waddle to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and two asprins from the cupboard. as i take the medication, i hear my phone ping from somewhere in the apartment. i look around for it and see it nowhere. it's only when i hear it ringing that i finally discover that it was behind a cushion on the couch. a familiar name pops up on the screen and i swipe across. before i could even say hello, a panicked voice comes through the device. 

"y/n, get to jake's apartment now. there's a situation" rosa demands before immediately hanging up the phone. i couldn't even question or speak for that matter before the line went dead. rosa wasn't a person to panic. rosa wasn't a person to feel any emotion for that matter, so i knew this was serious.