fourty seven

my hands grip my coffee cup as my eyes fixate on the screen before me. i wasn't actually concentrating on the track record that i was supposed to be, i was just blankly staring at the computer. the usual commotion of this day of the year was blurred out all around me and it was just me in my faded bubble.

i continued to stay in the same position for i don't know how long. it could have been seconds, it could have been minutes. i was brought out of my trance by what seemed to be a marching band. i turned to see captain holt waltzing in with them.

"t'is the day of the halloween heist!" he announced, raising his arms. before he had a chance to speak, the lights blacked out. several officers pulled their guns out but i remained motionless. as they raised, everyone noticed jake stood on his desk with an orange and black suit on with a top hat.

"t'is the night of the halloween heist!" he shouts, laughing and raising his arms just as captain holt did. before jake or holt could speak, tap dancers came down the hallway and two men held amy as she came gracefully into the bullpen. she opened her mouth to speak but i interrupted her.

"yes! we get it! it's the halloween heist! now get on with it!" i shout, shaking my head and typing on my laptop. i felt the room go awkwardly silent before everyone shook it off and the terms of this year's event.

within five minutes the heist had begun; holt had retired to his office and amy had headed back downstairs. before jake could conduct what stunt he was going to pull next, he came over to my desk.

"are you ok? you seemed a little angry just then. and also you're not participating this year, i thought this was going to be your year!" he asked me, sitting on the chair beside my desk. i stutter and hesitate for a moment, wondering whether to tell him. i shake my head, sending him a smile.

"i just have foi much to do right now. and i'm fine, i just didn't get much sleep last night" i lied, looking across at jake.

"ok. you're my girlfriend so i had to ask" he says quickly, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek before he dashes off with charles. as usual, terry wasn't competing in this event, he was looking to get his paperwork done. or so i thought. from the corner of my eye, i could see him wheeling himself over to him. i glance up to see him beside me.

"meet me in the evidence room in five minutes" he quietly orders before he rolls away and stands up to head down the corridor. before i had the chance to ask him what was wrong, he had disappeared. i shrug my shoulders, finishing up my report before heading to the copy room to print it off and give it to captain holt.

as i open the door, someone behind the door screams which automatically makes me scream. i open my eyes to see charles stood there holding jake's phone.

"you're an idiot" i tell him, rolling my eyes before i print my document off.

"and why do you have jake's phone?" i ask him, placing my arrest report into the file. he raises his eyebrows before answering me.

"he told me to keep hold of it for him while he does something on the roof. i didn't know your texts were so saucy!" he exclaims. my face flushes and i scold him before i scurry out of the room.

i go into the bullpen and place my report on my desk before heading down the hallway to see what terry wanted. i open the evidence room door to see him and gina stood there.

"what's this about?" i ask them. gina shoots terry a look which told him to lock the door behind me. as that happens, i suddenly become more nervous than i initially was.

"we know. we know your little secret" gina whispers, smiling as she presses her phone to her chin. my brows furrow as i wonder what they're going on about. gina then steps forward, pressing one of her fake nails to my stomach.