fifty one

"jake! do you have a pen i can borrow? mine ran out" i exclaim across the bullpen. jake nods his head, getting one out of his pot and aiming it.

"ready?" he asks. i nod my head, holding my hands out and catching the  black ballpoint pen he threw. i thank him from my desk and carry on with my paper work. i can hear charles sighing from across me but i just continue working, knowing exactly what he's thinking.

my work continued for an hour until my arrest report on a murder case was complete. i blow my page, smiling as i glance at the file. i stand up, getting ready to take it into captain holt's office. as i was walking past jake, i gasp as i hold the file, pretending it's hot. well, it was. jake laughed as i knock on the door. holt allows me to enter and i stand before his desk.

"i have my report on the 34th street murder" i tell him. he thanks me and hold his hand out for the report. i nod my head, passing it to him and bidding goodbye before i left his office an returned back to my desk. as i'd started my work, i glanced at the clock and realised that it was my break.

i stand up, grabbing my cup from my desk and walking into the break room. jake was sat at the table, scrolling through his phone when i put the coffee pot on.

"could you make me one?" he asks, passing his cup to me. i nod my head, saying an 'of course' before i put two spoonfuls of sugar in both cups.

"did you get to the bottom of who robbed the johnsons?" i say to jake, momentarily turning around to him before i started to pour the coffee. jake groaned, putting his phone down on the table.

"i'm so close! i know i am!" he says, shaking his head as he runs his hands down his face. i poke my bottom lip out in sympathy and sit beside him. i pass him his coffee and he smiles, taking a sip. he groans in happiness and leans over to me. he presses his lips to mine.

"that's a good coffee"

"you know mine are the best" i tell him, shrugging my shoulders. he chuckles, kissing me again.

"what's for dinner tonight?" jake asks me, placing his elbows on the table and putting his head on his hands.

"i was thinking burgers from joe's" i say, raising my eyebrows. jake smiles, happily groaning once again.

"i love you" he says. butterflies erupt in my stomach even though i've heard those three words countless times before.

"i love you too" i say. he connects my lips for a longer duration this time, the taste of mint and coffee dancing on my tongue. the sounds of what i presume is charles gasping is what made us pull away. i roll my eyes, looking up to not see just charles, but also gina, rosa and amy stood there.

"you guys ok?" i ask, my face turned to them but still in close proximity to jake's.

"how is it you guys have been together for 15 years and you're still as in love as you were when you were 21?" amy asks in amazement, getting her notepad out and glaring at us. i glance at charles, rosa and gina to see them giving us the same looks.

"when you find the right person, you never ever fall out of love with them" jake says, still looking at our co-workers but connecting our hands.

"awww" they all said in unison. they continued to ask us questions about our relationship for fifteen minutes until they got back to work. i sigh, turning to jake.

"did you really mean that? about the right person thing?" i ask.

"of course i did. you're my right person" he replies, kissing me deeply before we get back to work ourselves.