fourty six

an unconscious smile creeps onto her face as she stares out to sea. the colour of the ocean before her calms her and she squeezes the hand of her new husband as they walk along the beach. the restaurant came into view and she smiled once again.

jake lead y/n, walking in front of her and requesting a table on the balcony for the two of them. the waiter nods his head, grabbing two drinks menus and leading them to a table. jake pulls out the chair for her, waiting for her to sit down and then sits down himself. y/n thanks the waiter, he smiles at them and walks off to serve another table.

"this is so nice! how did we ever afford this?"  y/n loudly whispers to jake, looking over her menu. he places his down before replying to her.

"maybe because captain holt just happened to know the owner of the hotel! half price baby!" jake exclaimed, shaking his head in astonishment. y/n chuckles at her husband before looking back at the menu.

"are mr and mrs peralta ready to order drinks?" the same waiter asks us, getting his notepad out. y/n's eyes widen, glancing over at jake, who had a smug grin on his face.

"yes. i know for a fact my lady will have a glass of red wine and i shall have the same please" jake orders, taking the menu out of y/n's hand and giving hers and his back to the waiter. he walks away and she's still quiet.

"i'm not used to being called that yet" y/n says with a shy tone.

"well you better get used to it. because y/n peralta is your name forever" he says, making her cheeks heat up. their drinks arrive and they raise a toast to themselves. as jake is doing so, he glances to the side of him at the beach and he immediately places his glass down instead of taking a sip like he's supposed to.

"what is it?" y/n asks in curiosity, also looking off of the balcony.

"that's thomas jackson!" he exclaims in a hushed tone so he wouldn't hear him.

for a bit of context, jake had been chasing thomas jackson for over two years now and he's been close to him so many time but each time, he had failed to catch and arrest him.

"i can't believe he's here! we've got to get him!" jake says, moving his chair out. before he could move his hand from the table, y/n grabs it and makes him look at her.

"jake, please. we are on our honeymoon, we agreed that this week would just be us and nobody else" she tells him, tilting her head. normally, she would catch him with jake but they agreed that nothing would get in the way of them having a romantic getaway.

angered and frustrated grunts fell from jake's mouth as he was stuck at crossroads.

"it's him or me" y/n says, raising her eyebrows at him. he looks at his perp, seeing him walking further away from the restaurant.

"i love you" jake says before he stands up and runs away from the restaurant. y/n's mouth is agape as she sees her husband running away from her. she too stands up from the table, throwing her napkin onto the cloth and exiting.

as she walks along the beach now engulfed in darkness, tears start to fall down her face. her arms hug myself as she walks to the decking that overhangs the sea.

"how could he choose some criminal over me? we're supposed to be here to celebrate our marriage and instead he's working?" she says to herself, getting worked up.

sobs escapes her lips as she looks out at the sea. she could see people around her staring at her but she didn't care, she was too upset to care.

"jackson!" she hears a familiar voice yell. she looks back to the beach and sees jake chasing his criminal. she cries even more as she watches them, her sobs getting louder.

as he was running, jake looked over to the place he heard a sob from. his running slows as his eyes met his wife's. y/n immediately turns her head away, rubbing her arms, like she does when she cries. jake glances at his criminal that soon ran out of sight.

guilt washed over jake as he stood there, watching his wife cry over the fact he left her at the restaurant where they were on their first date as a married couple.

he walks closer to her, her sobs becoming louder as he nears her. jake nearly cried himself as he realised how upset he had made her. he didn't think! he didn't think his actions would have that much of an impact on her.

jake walks onto the decking and sits himself down beside her. y/n's crying quietens whilst she looks to see who was next to her.

"what the fuck do you want?" she bitterly asks, wiping her tears before she folds her arms over her chest, not looking at the man beside her.

"i came here to say i'm sorry. i didn't think before i ran after jackson and that was a real dick move. we're here on our honeymoon, we're supposed to be spending time together as a married couple and i'm sorry. i love you so so much, please don't be mad at me" jake apologised, scooching closer to his wife.

y/n looked at jake, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. she took a deep breath before replying.

"damn it. you know i can't be mad at your for long" she says, rolling her eyes. jake smiles, cupping his wife's face and pressing his lips to her. as they always do, fireworks exploded around them as they kissed.

"now, do you want a sex on the beach?" jake asked, holding y/n's hand.

"the cocktail?" she asked.

"nope"