fourty four

i groan as more papers are slammed on my desk. my boss shoots me a look and i soon cover my anger with a kind smile. she nods her head, still glaring slightly as she walks off. once i make sure she's gone, i curse fairly loudly and push the pile away from me. my colleague wheels himself over to me, laughing slightly.

"she really hates you" philip chuckles, flicking through my new work. i nod my head, sighing as i take a sip out of my coffee cup.

"i'll be back by eight tonight. if i'm lucky" i tell him, looking at him as he places my pile back down on my desk.

"i wish you the best of luck" he says, tapping my shoulder as he takes himself back to his desk, a few metres away from me. before i could start my work, natalie makes her way across to us.

"hey, you guys have partners, right?" she asks, pushing her glasses higher up her nose. philip and i nod our heads as we look up at her. we ask why she's asking us as her fingers fiddle with one another.

"well, it's my year anniversary with carl next weekend and i want to take him some place nice. could you suggest somewhere?"

"there's this really nice italian place on the east river. it's a bit of a drive but jake took me a few months ago and it is the cutest little place. really romantic. hold on, i think i have the address somewhere" i tell her, going into my drawer.

"things with jake going well? how long have you been together now?" philip questions as i rifle around my desk.

"just over two years. and i guess they're going well" i say, trailing off. i hand a small piece of paper with the address of the restaurant to natalie and she repeatedly  thanks me before she scurries off.

i was yet again interrupted from doing my work when philip comes over to my desk for the second time.

"that doesn't sound very good" he says, raising his eyebrows.

"they are going well. but he's been acting strange lately. like last night, when i went to kiss him when i came in, he quickly turned his head. i don't know, i just thought it was strange" i tell him, tilting my head. philip copies my actions.

"maybe talk to him tonight? i don't know. i'm your friend, not a therapist" he says, making me laugh slightly. i nod my head, thanking him and giving him a small hug before i finally start on my work.

it was half past eight when i finished the last page of work. there was only four of us left in the office but thank god one of them was philip. i needed him, he was my ride. my car broke down this morning and the guy at the garage said it would be at least two days before i could pick it up again.

i collect my things before philip picks me up from my desk. we bid goodbye to the rest of our colleagues before we enter the parking lot.

the car ride was fairly quiet, but not in an awkward way. we did speak but we mainly listened to the music of the radio; we were tired.

after fifteen minutes, we pulled up outside jake's and my apartment building.

"thank you so much for this, i really appreciate it" i tell him, hugging him to show my gratitude.

"hey, no problem. i'll pick you up tomorrow at eight" he says. i thank him once again before i grab my bag and get out. i wave him off before i enter the building, walk up two flights of stairs and eventually get into the apartment.

i loudly sigh, dropping my bag to the floor and going into the living room. there, i saw jake holding a beer bottle and staring at the wall.

"hi" i greet, walking over to him. as i was bending down to give him a kiss, he held his hand up to me and stood up.

"where've you been?" he asked, bitter rife in his voice.

"oh! you will not believe the day i've had! so my car broke down, on the bridge! and then once i got to work my boss slammed fifty pages of work down that i only finished twenty minutes ago. luckily, philip could drive me home.." i explained. i was cut off by jake coldly chuckling.

"ah philip. if it wasn't for philip! dear, sweet philip!" he exclaims, waving his hands in the air. my brows furrow in confusion as i look at my boyfriend.

"what?" i simply ask, tilting my head slightly.

"i know what's going on here" he starts. i shake my head, shrugging  mg shoulders and allowing him to continue.

"you two are sleeping together!" he shouts, pointing his index finger at me.

i gasp, my eyes wide as i stare at jake. i go to speak but i'm immediately cut off before i had the chance.

"i know it's true! you come home from work late every night, you always talk about him, he drives you around. it's obvious, you're cheating on me!" he yells, slamming his beer bottle on the table, making me jump. i take a deep breath in before i try to talk with him.

"are you being serious? can you hear yourself? i would never ever even think of sleeping with another man. you're my boyfriend and you have been for two years now. do you really think i'd throw all that away? do you think that low of me? philip is also in a committed relationship, do you really think we'd do that? i'm not some kind of whore!" i say, getting louder and more angry with each sentence i say.

"then explain why i smell his cologne on you!"

"because i hugged him before i got out of the car to thank him for giving me a ride home. and because he's my friend! am i not allowed to have any male friends? is this what you're like?" i say, folding my arms.

"i am if they're incredibly good looking, like he is!" he argues, copying my actions.

"you're incredibly good looking! more so than philip!" i loudly reply, sighing and momentarily closing my eyes.

"this relationship is in trouble if you can't even trust me" i say barely above a whisper. i shake my head, placing my hand on jake's shoulder for a moment before i walk past him and go upstairs.

within minutes of me being sad on my bed, verging on a breakdown, jake comes in with his head hung in shame. he saw me sat there and his face dropped even more, if that's even possible. his expression changed completely.

he shuffles over and sits on the bed next to me. he sighs before he speaks.

"i'm sorry i accused you of cheating. i know you'd never do that, i guess i just get a little paranoid. i don't see you as much as i used to and i guess i jumped the gun a little. please don't leave me, you're the most precious and most important thing in my life and i can't afford to do that. i love you"

i too sigh, turning my body to him.

"i'm sorry i've been at work so much. i can't help it, my boss just keeps slamming pile after pile of work on my desk. but don't worry, i'll talk to her tomorrow. i love you so much" i tell him, smiling.

he leans in, pressing his lips to mine. his hand cups my cheek and his hips come forward, like they always do.

things got a little heated. i laid myself down and jake came above me. his shirt was discarded and so were my pants.

"i didn't think this kind of accusation would lead to this" i breathed, rolling my head back as jake roughly attached his soft lips to my neck.

"i bet you're happy it did" he chuckled, making a loud moan escape from my mouth.

"not happy about the accusation, definitely happy about the outcome" i whisper, undoing jake's belt. he lowly chuckles once again, his hands deviously travelling down my body.

"well, you're about to be even happier" he tells me, pressing a small kiss to my lips before he goes down my body.

he was right.

a/n  i tried to write smut and deleted it this is all you're getting today