fifty two

she smiles, glancing up at her fellow colleague on this particular case. she shook her head at his behaviour and turned back to her computer.

"so you do think i'm funny?" louis says, wiggling his eyebrows.

"no" she replies, half playful, half serious.

"yes you do. whenever you shake your head and smile like that, it means you find something funny but you just don't want to admit it" he tells her, smiling along with her. she tries to respond to his very true fact but nothing happens. she just lets out a small laugh, nudges his shoulder and walks off to talk to the security guard on shift at the time of this particular crime she was investigating.

after twenty minutes of gathering witness statements and gathering some clues, y/n went back up to louis' office on the top floor. she told jake, her partner, to wait outside while she spoke to her boyfriend. she tapped her knuckles against the solid wooden door before she allowed herself in.

"i've got to go now but i'll see you tonight?" y/n said, poking her head in just in case he was busy.

"yeah. i should finish at six" he replies, standing up from his chair and walking over to her. he held her at arms length and pressed his lips to hers.

"i'll see you tonight" louis says to her, pressing his lips to hers again before she smiled and walked out of his office. she saw jake stood there, behind the glass wall, which she forgot was there. she felt her cheeks heat up a little but decides to play it cool and just act like jake didn't just see her kiss her boyfriend.

as she was walking outside with her colleague, she noticed something was wrong with him. he was normally the kind of person who would talk for england and would have a smile on his face. but now, he shuffled down the corridor in complete silence and seemed upset.

the two stepped out of the building into the dull city. y/n turned to jake.

"what's up? you seem a little sad" she asks him, holding out her arm in front of him so he'd stop walking. jake hesitated for a moment before he replied.

"nothing. i'm fine" he said, sending her a small smile before he unlocks the car. y/n shakes her head, standing before him and the car.

"no. i don't buy it. there's something wrong and i want to know" she demands, glaring up at her fellow detective. once again, jake hesitated before he grabbed y/n's arm and dragged her. she yelped as she was yanked into the nearby alleyway by him.

jake sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose and taking a deep breath before he began to speak.

"y/n listen, louis is the wrong guy for you" he starts. y/n begins to ask a million questions to jake's bold statement but he simply stops, allowing himself to continue speaking.

"i remember you walking into the precinct three years ago. you looked so lost, you didn't know what to do. i saw terry ask you whether you were there to give a witness statement and you said you were the new detective. you surprised all of us. and that's all you've been doing since day one, surprising us. when you took down that guy on fifth, when you cracked that case in an hour, to be honest anything you do surprises me. but one thing that hasn't, is that i've fallen in love with you. you're one of the most amazing people i've ever met and i think you should be with me but you're not. and now i see you with him, it tears my world apart. because i've been waiting all this time to finally say it and now i see your hearts been taken and nothing could be worse. i loved you first"

she simply stood there, completely speechless. well, how would you react to that kind of situation. but after a moment of thought, she knew exactly what to do.

she smiled, grabbing the collar of his leather jacket and slamming his lips into hers. their lips fit perfectly together, like a puzzle piece.

"i was hoping you'd say that" she says, as they pull apart. jake laughs, pressing his lips to hers again before they returned to the car.

a/n  i'm going to try and update once a week but if not, it's gonna be once a fortnight. i've got exams and whatnot so that kinda stumps this but i'm going to update as often as i can

thank you so much for reading this, it means so much that you guys all do and i hope i don't piss you off because i don't update as regularly