twenty five

*jakes pov*

"boyle and peralta are on the case. dismissed" captain holt announced, everyone starting to disperse from the break room. charles runs over to me, punching thin air.

"this is incredible! we're working with, who you call, the most badass, hottest detective of the entire history of the nypd" charles exclaimed, hitting my arm. i shake my head, trying not to smile at my best friend who was overly excited for me.

"ok boyle calm down she's not that amazing" i say. before boyle could even think of sending me a disapproving look, i spoke again.

"ok i'm quite excited. i heard she once got into a perp's head so much he had to see a shrink in prison!" i exclaim with excitement, grabbing my bag and car keys and leaving the precinct with boyle to head to the crime scene. once we arrive, i get my coolest sunglasses out of the glove compartment and slide them on my face.

"looking spicy jake!" charles prompted, hyping me up. i shake my head in slight disgust as my colleague sends me a thumbs up. i climb out of the car in the coolest way possible, closing the door and moving my head as my right hand took my glasses off my face.

"what do we have here?" i ask, glancing around for the detective.

"aw man, she isn't even here yet. i wasted that cool entrance on a bunch of nobodies" i whine, sighing as i put my glasses on for a second time.

"i saw it! and i must say, it was highly erotic" charles tells me, patting my back. i grimace at his comment, shaking his arm off me and locking the car. before i could say anything else, i hear a chorus of wolf whistles. charles and i glance up in unison to see our partner coming this way.

detective valentine was literally the most badass cop in the entire force. i have wanted to work with her for like three years and now i finally have the chance. i'm totally gonna get her number.

"you must be detective peralta and boyle. valentine" she greets, keeping her arms folded and nodding slightly so that her eyes could peek out of the top of her sunglasses. i got a glance of her eyes and they were literally so blue, like an ocean or something. before i could greet her back with some cool catchphrase, she walked over to a uniformed officer to get details on what had happened and any possible witnesses to the crime.

"damn! she is so cool!" charles exclaimed quietly to me, hitting my arm multiple times. i nod my head frantically, agreeing with charles but i soon stopped as she was coming back over. i readjust my tie and make sure my glasses look cool sat in my jacket pocket.

"ok. a man in his early thrirties has been murdered. we believe the murder weapon was something sharp, could be a knife but we need to autopsy to confirm that. we have a list of potential witnesses to the murder" valentine reads from her notepad, flipping it over and placing it in her bra. i nod my head, putting my hands on my hips and making sure my posture is good so i look taller than i actually am.

"well we should scour the scene for a weapon and bag anything we find as evidence" i suggest, boyle nodding along with me to make me seem cooler. the best wingman ever.

"yes. i'll grab some gloves" valentine informs us.

"yeah you will" i say, smiling suggestively at her.

"what does that even mean?" she asks in confusion, turning back to me. i shake my head, muttering an 'i don't know' before she goes over to her uc vehicle. as she bends over to get her equipment, i could help but glance at her ass. as i do so, my fist comes between my teeth; mumbling an amazed 'damn' before i follow charles into the crime scene.

within twenty minutes, we had thoroughly checked the scene and bagged a few things that were classified as crucial evidence for the case.

"so.. you come here often?" i ask detective valentine, who was marking the evidence back with a black sharpie. with a confused look on her pretty face, she turns around to me.

"do i come here often? to a crime scene where a man was just murdered? yeah i do it every weekend" she replies sarcastically, sending me a sassy smile before she got back to what she was previously doing. i internally curse myself for blowing it and practically creeping her out.

the current part of the investigation came to a close, the uniformed officers cordoning off  the scene to the public. detective valentine places evidence in the back of her car for her to take back to her precinct; the 9-5.

"so.. can i see you again?" i say to valentine as charles is getting into the car. she walks over to me, her hands sat on her belt.

"we're going to have to see each other again, we have been assigned to work a case together, peralta" she replies, tilting her head at me. i try to hide a smile as she says my name. i mean she doesn't say my first name but that's not the point. before i speak, she reaches into her back pocket.

"today's been fun. jake" she admits, shaking my hand. she lets go within a second and in my palm sits a piece of paper. i open it up to see her phone number sat there. i look up to see that she was opening the door to her car.

"how do you know my first name?" i shout to her in utter bewilderment.

"i'll leave that one up to you" she replies, sending me a wide smile before she climbed into the car. she glanced at me as she drove past and once i was 100% sure i was out of her sight, i kiss the piece of paper, thanking the gods for this.

a/n  i thought of the idea for this chapter during my physics exam and i got totally off track whoops i hope you like it

also should i write more chapters in jake's pov or stay in first person? i'm not sure what works best