sixty three

uhhhhhh'

that was the sound that pleasantly woke me up on a bright thursday morning. my eyes peeked open, my body facing the window. the sun shone through the parrot opened curtains, painting the room a glittering gold. birdsong filled the room, making it even brighter.

that pleasant image was ruined by a loud groan. i scrunch up my face, rolling onto my back and turning my head. what faced me was jake, with only his head leant against the headboard, his eyes half closed. his nose was a deep red, his mouth hung open and he lowly groaned.

"what on earth are you doing?" i ask him, remaining in my position as i looked up at him.

"i'm sick." he mumbled, violently sniffing his nose only to result in a fit of coughing due to his force. like a bullet, i shot up, sitting beside jake. i felt his forehead, being met with his sweat and his burning skin. i tut, tilting my head and watching him. his eyes stared forward at the wardrobe across the room, his body remained deathly still, his breathing was wheezy.

"aw honey you are sick." i say, rubbing his arm up and down. his head nodded as much as he could manage. i shuffled my body up to his, wrapping my arm around his shoulder and resting my head on top of his.

he attempted to speak to me but a sneeze inhibited him. his hand came to cover his mouth as he did so. now, you know how when men sneeze, they sneeze really loud so they can get the attention they want? well jake didn't do that. he made the least noise possible and as he did so, he let out a small squeak. my hand clutched the area over my heart as i watched him sneeze like a little boy.

his head hit the pillow again once the illness that raided his body had temporarily calmed down. his eyes closed and nasally moans came from him.

i let out another tut, softly patting his arms before throwing the covers off me and climbing out of bed. jake must have been sick, every single time i leave the bed before he does, he kicks up a fuss and drags me back down with him. today, he just lied lifeless and pathetically sniffed.

i wander into the kitchen, immediately walking over to the cupboard which held the medicine. i swung the door open and grabbed the basket which held everything jake would need. i got out some paracetamol, some lemsips and a thermometer. the basket went back into the cupboard and i got the kettle out. it filled with water and went onto the holster and the holster went on. my tip toes were put to use as i grabbed jake's favourite mug, hopefully it might bring some kind of joy to him. the tray came out as well, the tray that only came out when someone got a breakfast in bed. unfortunately, it wasn't a good one today.

the steam pouring out of the kettle signalled that the water was boiled. i brought it off the holster and poured it into the mug, the powder in the bottom immediately dissolving. i gave it a quick stir and took out two paracetamol tablets before setting it all on the tray and wandering back into the bedroom. jake was laid in the exact same position, literally none of his body had moved. i set the tray down on his side of the bed and grab the thermometer.

"open." i ordered. jake partially opened his mouth, a little squeak of a groan coming out as he did so. my lips pursed in sympathy as i watched him having his temperature taken. after a few seconds, i slip the thermometer out of his mouth. it came up to my eyes and i read that he had a temperature. i tut, softly stroking jake's hair but soon stopping as it was soaked with sweat.

"i'm cold." he whined, glancing up at me with his angel eyes. i let out a saddened 'aw' at him like i have been all morning and bend down to grab his drink. i stand back up but realise this isn't gonna work.

"darling, you're going to have to sit up to drink this." i tell him, earning almost a cry from him. he huffs and puffs as he slowly brings his body up, his full back now leaning against the headboard. normally, i'd roll my eyes at how dramatic he's being but i know that he's really not well so i don't bother. this time.

"come on, drink this." i tell him, handing him his mug. he brings the cup up to his chapped lips, softly blowing before taking a sip. his eyes squeezed shut, his lips pursed in disgust and a nasally but loud groan erupted from him.

"that's horrible!" he exclaimed, handing the cup back to me. i shake my head, not taking his childish behaviour.

"i don't care, you need to drink it. you'll benefit from it, i promise." i tell him, shoving his cup back towards him. his head shakes and he repeats his action.

"i don't want it, it doesn't taste nice." he argues again.

"jake, drink it."

"no."

"jake, come on. i know it doesn't taste of rainbows but you need to drink it, it will make you feel better." i say, stroking his duvet covered leg.

"no, get it away from me." he mumbles, handing the cup back to me for the third time.

"jacob peralta! you will drink the horrible liquid because you're sick and you need it! now stop being a child and drink it for heavens sake!" i shout, getting fairly annoyed with him at this point. jake's eyes went wide and his arms retracted, coming up to bring the cup at his lips. he sipped the drink, trying his very hardest not to give a reaction to it to prevent me shouting at him again. i nod my head, softly smiling at him.

"good. now you stay here and drink this and i'll make you some soup. yeah?" i suggest. his head quickly nods and he hides behind his mug. i stand up from the bed and take the tray away after i set his tablets down for him. i wander into the kitchen and set the tray down on the table before grabbing some ingredients for a soup. i lean up and flick the switch on the radio, queen spilling into the room.

it must have been fifteen minutes of me cutting vegetables and chucking them into a pan. as i was doing so, i felt a head on my shoulder and two loose arms around my waist. i turn my body to see jake wrapped in the entire duvet, his hair sticking out on all ends and his eyes half closed.

"didn't mean to be a child and that. i'm just sick." he said to me, slightly sticking his bottom lip out. i hide a smile, tilting my head and reaching up to move a stray strand of hair from his face.

"it's fine. i didn't mean to shout, it was a little mean." i tell him.

"very mean." he mumbled in response, making me lightly hit his arm and him let out a small chuckle.

"alright. very mean. come on, sit on the sofa and i'll bring you some soup and we'll watch something on telly." i suggest to jake, which earns an eager nod from him in response. with his back hunched over and an eruption of soft sniffles, he shuffled into the living room. i stifle giggles watching him before turning back to my pan of soup which was done. i pour the contents into two bowls before placing a spoon into them and wandering into the living room.

jake was sat at one end, his legs crossed and our duvet wrapped around his entire sick little body. i smile at him as i walk in, carefully placing the bowl into his hands which sat over his covered crotch.

"there you go, darling." i say, pressing a kiss to his forehead before sitting myself beside him. he shrugged and smiled with content as he looked at his soup.

"you're the best girlfriend ever. you know that, don't you?" he said, turning his head to me. i blushed, looking down and smiling before bringing myself to glance at him.

"i may have been told once or twice." i reply, making jake let out an amused chuckled before he started to eat his soup. i keep looking at him for a moment, watching him as happy as a small child before i grab the remote and search the tv.

a/n terribly sorry i haven't updated in so long, it's just i have my gcse's/finals next week and i've been super busy but i finish school soon and i'll be able to update more.

thank you very much for reading this book though, it really means a lot x