thirty one

my fingers type fast as i log into the computer, trying to get my perp research done as quick as possible so i could get to solving the case.

"y/n, could you help me move some boxes from evidence?" rosa asks me, standing up from her desk. i nod my head, copying her actions as i follow her down the corridor.

"this guy has been convicted sold over $200,000 worth of heroin. and that's just in brooklyn" she told me as we entered the evidence room. i whistled in surprise, getting some boxes off the shelf she pointed me to.

"my guy has been dealing cocaine for over seven years but we've only just caught up with him. someone over at the eight-three lost him last year but my CI found him a few weeks ago" i informed my fellow detective as she held open the door for me to walk out. i thank her as we walk back into the bullpen.

"y/l/n, how far have you gotten with your drug case?" captain holt asks as i lay two boxes down on rosa's desk. i walk over to him.

"well i am just researching his background on the computer and i have been flicking through his files. this one is going to be tough" i admit to him, locking my fingers and placing them down over my stomach.

"i know. and that's why i chose you for this case" he told me, nodding his head. i felt honoured, smiling widely.

"thanks captain. i won't let you down, i promise" i assure him as he walks off to speak to terry. i calm down as i sit back at my desk and get back on the case. the captains words make me very motivated and inspired to catch  this guy.

as i was ten minutes into my investigating, i hear a shrill shriek and multiple screams from charles as the elevator dings. due to force of habit, i shoot up from my chair and get my gun out of my holster. as soon as i see what he was screaming at, i quickly put my gun away.

running towards me was my four year old daughter, her arms opened wide.

"mummy!" she screamed, jumping onto me. i smiled, picking her up from the floor. after pressing a kiss to her cheek, i look up to see jake wheeling our son's pram with him in his arms.

"what are you doing here?" i ask, pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

"well we were driving by and we thought we'd stop and see you before we go for lunch" he says, taking emily from my arms and handing me louis. i coo at him as he makes a small smile, not quiet having the ability to do it much yet.

"mummy, look what i did for you!" she exclaimed, detaching herself from her dad's grasp and heading over to the pram. she retrieved a piece of paper and handed it to me. on the paper was a drawing of three people, presumably me, her dad and her.

"emily, this is so sweet. thank you. but where's louis?" i ask in confusion, looking down at her.

"who?" she asks, taking herself away from the conversation and walking over to uncle charles. i shake my head, sighing as i give louis a forehead kiss before i place him back into the pram.

"what case are you working on?" jake asks me, walking around me to look at my computer. he read the background information and nodded his head.

"i remember this guy. someone at the eight-three lost him last year, he went off the grid or something" he says, standing up from being hunched over my desk.

"yeah. captain holt said it's a tough case and that's why he chose me" i said, bragging slightly. jake smiled, taking me in his arms.

"of course. because you are the best detective in the nypd. nay, in the country, he says, looking down at me.

"have you been working with any? because she is the only person i know that uses the word 'nay'" i say. he shrugs his shoulders before pressing his lips to mine. his hand comes to the back of my neck and my foot runs up the opposite leg.

"ew! stop it!" we hear emily yell, running over to pull us apart. jake chuckles against my lips, placing another brief kiss to them before pulling away completely.

"ok! well we i have a lunch date with my girl and my man" he announces, checking to make sure louis was ok in the pram before he calls emily to him.

"alright. i should be back for around seven but if i'm not, i'll call you" i tell him. he nods his head, pressing his lips to it before taking emily's hand and pushing louis out of the bullpen.

"love you, y/n!" he shouts before he enters the elevator with our children. i shake my head, smiling at the ground before i sit back at my desk, getting to my case about the disappearing drug dealer.

a/n  just a little note, if you guys have any requests for this book, please send them to me. i would love to see what ideas you have