nineteen

*i had to do another jake dad chapter it's the best concept*

my stomach continues to churn as i exit the bathroom, my hands clutching the area. i groan as i carefully and very slowly walk through my apartment to my living room. i take small sips of the water i left on the sofa before i went to the bathroom for the second time this morning.

i don't understand. i've been sick in the mornings for like a week now but i've not been too bad for the rest of the day. i can't have a sickness bug because i don't have any of the other symptoms. you know, the super gross ones.

my body places itself down on the couch however it soon rises as i hear a knock at the door.

as i was walking slowly and taking ages to get to the door, the person there was getting very impatient.

"i'm coming!" i shout, gagging and holding onto the table beside me to avoid any more sickness. i finally open the door to see gina stood there, looking quite bored. i simply wave at her, my hand balled into a fist and keeping over my mouth.

"oh my god what is wrong with you?! you look gross!" she exclaims, walking into the apartment.

"thanks" i reply weakly, closing the door and going over to my visitor, who was stood in the kitchen.

"i'm here for jakes lunch. he forgot it. again." she says and i point to the fridge, where he put it last night and clearly forgot to go into this morning.

"what's wrong with you?" she asks, her voice conveying certain levels of concern. i shrug my shoulders before explaining what has been wrong that i know of.

"well, i've been sick for a week but only for the first part of the day and i've been feeling a little down and i just want to be alone". before saying the next part, i lean towards her a little and lower my tone in case of anyone hearing but her.

"and me and jake haven't had sex in like two weeks" i say, placing my hand on my cheek and looking at her reaction. she seems a little grossed out at first due to her relationship with jake but she soon gets over it. she stands there thinking for a moment and then her head snaps up.

"when was your last period?" she asks. i think back and immediately panic.

"i don't know. six weeks ago?" i reply, my voice becoming weak once again. her eyes and mime simultaneously widen and she steps away from me. within a moment, she heads out of the apartment and claims she's going to go to the drug store across the street.

before i could even process what may be happening, she returns with a medium sized box. she hands it to me and goes to sit on one of the stools in the kitchen as i go to do the test.

i do what the instructions say and sit there for a moment. my leg bounces as i sit on the toilet lid.

after five minutes of just sitting there it beeps. i nearly jump in shock and instead of looking at it, i run out of the bathroom and go to gina who was eating grapes from the fruit bowl on the counter.

closing my eyes, i thrust it at her and demand that she look at it first. i hear her take in a sharp breath and that is the thing that causes me to open up my eyes again.

"do i say congratulations or..?" she asks awkwardly, letting me see the test.

two lines. positive. pregnant.

i simply stand there and stare at it for a moment. gina kind of lurks around me, preparing herself for my reaction.

"look, i'm gonna go and give you some space. if you need a fellow mother to talk to, don't hesitate to call me, girl" she says, patting my back before leaving the apartment. once she's gone, i look at the pregnant test once again.

i can't be pregnant! i'm not ready to be a mother and for gods sake, jake can't even remember his lunch how on earth will he look after a human child? i could have sworn we used protection. and i'm on the pill!

but then again, there isn't a better time for me to be pregnant. i'm in my early thirties, i've been married for a few months and our financial state isn't too bad. i mean jake could spend a little less money on shit but we'll work on that.

and jake and i have always spoke about having kids. i remember when it was terry's 40th birthday and jake and i got super drunk and lied on the roof of our apartment, in the pouring rain, speaking about what we would do together in the future.

i shake my head, placing the test down on the counter. i decide to forget all about it and wait until jake comes home from work to discuss it.

i decide to get some of my work out and get it done, as i had to call in sick. i slam the books down on the table and get to it.

within ten minutes, the front door burst open. jumping from shock, i see jake stood there, worry covering his face.

"what's wrong?! are you ok?! gina said that you weren't ok. are you ok?!" he asks in panic, throwing his back down to the floor and running over to me. his hands hold my face and he examines me to see how i'm doing. i roll my eyes and push him off of me.

as he kept asking me questions repeatedly, i simply stare at the test sat a few feet behind him on the counter. he could clearly tell that i wasn't listening, so he looked at where i was staring and walked over to the counter. my nails come between my teeth as anxiety washes over my body. i couldn't see his face which made the wait for his reaction even more agonising.

he slowly turned around, grasping the test in his hand.

"is this a joke?" he whispers, looking up at me with a concerned face. i shake my head, tears welling up in my eyes slightly as i notice he isn't happy with me. he slowly nods his head.

"i'm gonna be a dad" he says quietly.

"i'm gonna be a dad" he repeats, a huge smile forming on his face. i raise my eyebrow in confusion as he laughs and looks up at me.

"we're having a baby!" he screams, running up to me and tightly wrapping his arms around me. i take his reaction as a surprise but soon embrace it, hugging jake back.

relief washes over my body as jake is happy about this. i totally forget about every reason not to have a baby and start to think of every reason to have a baby.

"were gonna the best parents ever" jake says, grabbing my shoulders and lovingly looking at me.

"yes. yes we are" i reply, widely smiling.

"i love you. so so much" jake says, leaning down and pressing a passionate kiss to my lips.

"i love you too"

a/n  haha i fucked my biology exam today lol