thirty three

"it's the only logical plan and explanation here" i admit, sighing as i place my hands on my hips. i look down at the case file sat on his desk, realising this was how we had to do this.

"no! i refuse to work with this guy! he is my nemesis!" jake exclaims, shoving the case file away from him.

"jake, we have no other option. he could lead us to the big leagues. please, we have to do this" i say to him, dragging the chair from my desk and sitting down beside him. he sighs before looking to me.

"alright fine. but only because you told me to" he says in defeat. i smile at him before pressing my lips into a thin line.

just on cue, the elevator dings and he walks in. jake momentarily closes his eyes before he turns his chair.

"doug judy. the pontiac bandit" he says with dramatic effect.

"sup jake. it's nice to see you, where've you been brother?" he replies. he nods his head at jake before he looks at me.

"and who's this spicy lady?" he asks me, shaking my head.

"detective y/l/n" i reply, smiling kindly at him. as i do so, rosa walks past us. doug judy snatches his hand away from mine and stands before rosa.

"rosa, rosa, rosa" he sings, going to caress her hair. diaz immediately grabs his arm and twists it around his back. doug judy yelps.

"don't touch me" rosa growls before releasing the criminal. he nods his head before turning back to us.

"so, why have i been called here then?" he asks, rubbing his hands together. jake crosses his arms and his fingers play with his bottom lip as he allows me to explain.

"well, we believe you know jack lamar. he's wanted by every cop in brooklyn but we knew that you know him so we kind of have an advantage to this" i say confidently. i glance over at jake, smirking but he shows me no expression.

"that is, if you help us find him" i ask him, much less confident now. judy stares into space before coming back down to answer us.

"what's in it for me?" he asks with intrigue and eagerness in his voice. he leans towards jake, obviously wanting him to answer him.

"we've contacted the da and you will gain full immunity from all your past crimes" jake replies, trying to make his offer enticing. judy didn't even have to think about this one, he immediately slapped jakes hand in a high five.

"you're on brother! let's catch this criminal!" he exclaimed, grabbing a windbreaker from someone's desk. jake and i also grab ours, along with our guns and jake grabs the case file.

the three of us walk down the stairs and outside. jake throws open both doors and we walk out like we were in slow motion and some cool song was playing.

"new york's finest just got a whole let finer" judy said dramatically, holding his gun in his hand.

"oh hell yeah" jake and i say in unison, walking over to the car. i unlock the vehicle and climb in, the boys following after me.

as we drive off, i turn the radio on to create some kind of cool mood.

"oh shit did you lock the door?!" jake exclaimed, quickly turning to me. my eyes widened, thinking about whether i did.

"yes of course i did" i reply, just making sure that i did.

"wait. is y'all dating?" judy asks excitedly, leaning forwards to talk to us.

"could you not tell?" jake replies, turning to look at judy and speaking to him like he was stupid. judy thinks, realising he was being stupid. he remembers seeing many photos on our desks of the two of us together.

"yo, y'all is like the cutest couple ever. you're goofy and cool, she's just cool. you guys are like meant for each other" he says, sitting back in his seat again. i blush slightly, smiling as i keep my eyes on the road.

"i mean he's not wrong" jake says, looking at me. i nod my head, agreeing with him.

"this is it" i tell them, stopping the car at a warehouse where jack is said to be known hanging out at. i stop the car and the two of us turn to judy simultaneously.

"you guys even mirror each other and shit. you're so cute. kiss each other" he tells us, sitting back in his chair again and getting a lollipop out of his pocket. i glance at him with a confused look before looking over at jake and then back to judy. he urges the two of us to kiss.

i roll my eyes, leaning forward and pressing my lips to jake's. he smiles into the kiss, like he always does. he pulls away before talking to doug judy.

"we have disagreed on many things but the fact that we are made for each other is the only thin i agree with you on"