thirty two

her head shook, her arms remaining across her chest and her back resting on the uncomfortable metal chair placed before the table. the detectives stood before her were getting annoyed with her, she could tell. but she wouldn't budge.

"i will give you one more chance. who murdered justin diamond?" the woman asked, circling her perpetrator. y/n simply shrugged her shoulders, keeping up the 'not talking or budging criminal' gig.

the male detective in the room get even more stressed, slamming his hands down onto the table, a loud irritated groan bouncing off the closest packed walls.

"you know! i know you do!" he screamed in her face, his hands remained on the table as he hunched over, staring the women sat across from him in the eye.

"no i don't!" she screamed back, her legs uncrossing and her arms doing the same. her face was inches away from the detective's, their breaths fanning each other's faces.

jake and rosa were getting more stressed and annoyed and irritated and angered with y/n every passing minute. she was refusing to answer, refusing to co-operate with them. they were close to smacking her they were so angry, but of course they couldn't resort to police brutality.

but what they didn't know, was that y/n's life was on the line. she was born into a crime family. her entire life has consisted of drug dealings and murder. she wasn't anything like them, of course she wasn't. she was a high l achieving student at school, she passed all her exams with flying colours. she was always well-behaved, she always did everything she was supposed to.

if she told these detectives before her that her dad massacred his brother, her uncle, then she would be killed. if it wasn't by him, it would have been by one of his little errand men. he has never killed a woman or a child, only men. but this time, he swore to god that he would kill his own daughter if she told the cops that he murdered her uncle.

"she's fucking useless!" jake exclaimed, sitting down on chair across the room.

"jake!" rosa scolded, standing up straight. she may have been tough but one thing she hated was swearing. jake apologises quietly, running his hands down his face with stress.

"look, you are not going to get in any trouble for telling us who it was. we need to know. so please tell us" rosa begged, turning to y/n, who was staring at jake.

in the two long hours that she'd been sat in interrogation room b, this detective who went by the name jake peralta seemed to make it enjoyable. she wasn't going to deny it, she thought he was hot.

"that's what you think" she whispered, leaning forward in her chair, placing her elbows on the table. jake and rosa simultaneously glance at each other and open their ears, getting ready for a confession they've been eating for for hours.

"what do you mean?" jake asks, getting up from his chair in the corner and standing next to his fellow detective. y/n shook her head, keeping her mouth remained shut so her dad didn't, well, kill her.

"i can't say anything. i need to go" she quickly says, standing up from the metal table. within a flash, jake was at the door, prohibiting her from leaving the room. she tried her best to get past.

"please" she begged, trying to reach the door handle. with each second she tried, she got more worked up. tears started to fall down her made-up face as she retaliated against detective peralta.

"woah, woah. what's wrong?" jake asked. he stopped trying to get her to stay in the room and he held her, stopping her from falling to the floor. her eyes closed as she sobbed, her knees becoming weak. rosa acted and got her the chair jake was previously sat on.

within minutes, she had slightly calmed down and was ready to speak.

"sophie jones is just a cover. i'm much closer to the diamond family than you realise, i'm part of it. i'm nathan diamonds daughter, y/n diamond. my dad said if i told you anything, that he would kill me. he'd shoot me in an alley, he'd slit my throat, he'd poison me. he'd do anything to make sure i'm dead. i dont want to die, please don't let him kill me" she sobbed, pleading to the detectives for her life. they gave each other a look before turning back to the crying girl sat before them.

"did nathan diamond kill his brother, justin diamond?" rosa asks. a tear slipped down y/n's cheek as she nodded her head.

"he beat him to a pulp in our basement. he owed dad money, drug money" she admitted, not speaking above a whisper. rosa nodded her head, looking around the interrogation room.

"please promise me you won't let dad kill me" y/n said,  glancing at the detectives. jake nodded his head.

"we'll do everything to make sure your dad goes to prison for a long time" he assured her, rubbing her arm. another few tears rolled down her face. she loved her dad, she didn't want him to go to prison. but then again, he has handed her a childhood of horrors and has threatened to make her a part of those horrors.

the mirrored glass in the room changes to a window, revealing a man i assume is the captain of the precinct. he calls rosa through the intercom and she leaves the room, leaving jake and y/n alone.

jake hands y/n a tissue from his pocket, smiling with sympathy as he does so. she thanks him kindly, wiping her now smudged make-up.

"you're real pretty, you know" he admits, looking up at her. her hands stop wiping her tears and she glances at her legs, blushing slightly.

"thank you. you're pretty good looking too" y/n says, the two of them laughing slightly.

"shit, you're probably a bit scared off now, huh? i did just cry like a freak for ten minutes " she says, scrunching up the tissue sat in her hand.

"no, of course not. you're scared, that's all. even when you cry, you're like hot" jake replies, laughing at himself and shaking his head and looking at his lap. y/n grabs a pen that's been sat on the table and then grabs jake's right arm. as she does so, she feels a shoot of electricity travel through her. she pauses for a moment before writing her number on his arm.

"give me a call" she says before rosa and the captain walk in. jake blushes before standing up and listening to his captain's orders.