thirty seven (part two)

*this part has been requested by a lot of you so, here it is*

all emotions were running through my very cold body as i wandered the streets of new york. my feet shuffled along the ground as my hands sat in my pockets, occasionally wiping a fallen tear.

i sniffed as i past a wedding dress shop. due to habit, i went to play with my engagement ring but soon noticed it was no longer there, it was in the hands of my ex fiancé. my eyes squeezed shut as i sobbed even more. i threw my limp body onto a bench as my head fell into my numb hands.

it had been five hours or so since jake and i broke up. i was absolutely, utterly heartbroken. i love jake with all i have and that will never stop as long as i live, but clearly i'm expressing unrequited love.

my sobs became louder and more muffled as i pressed my head further into my hands, trying not to draw attention to myself.

"excuse me ma'am. are you ok?" someone asked above me. i looked up to see a man in a starbucks uniform who must work at the coffee shop a few metres away from me. i nod my head, forcing a fake smile.

"yes thank you, i'm fine" i reply, sniffing again. the man made sure a few times that i was definite before leaving me be, walking back into starbucks.

i continue to pour my feelings into tears when i hear someone shout my name. i look up so see terry running towards me. i sigh in annoyance, standing up from the bench and turning to walk away. unfortunately, terry caught me up and came in front of me to stop me from getting away from him. 

"what do you want, terry? i really need to be alone" i ask with attitude, yet again wiping my stray tears.

"no you don't. we have been trying to look for you since you ran out of the precinct. jake's worried sick" terry starts. i laugh with sarcasm as he speaks to me.

"jake is a fucking asshole who i clearly wasted my time with" i reply, crossing my arms over my chest. terry shakes his head.

"no, y/n it's not like that.."

"well what is it like then?! because you heard everything he's said to me and what he did. and it hasn't just been today. he's been doing it for three days now and i'm sick of it. and him! there's no reasonable explanation for him being a total jerk!" i shout, people glancing towards us in the street.

"just please, come back to the precinct with me" terry begs. me being the stubborn person i am, say no and stand my ground.

"fine" terry says before bringing his arms around me and lifting my body onto his shoulders. i shout his name, i kick, i hit him, he doesn't budge. he walks me to the car and, without hitting my head, places in me in the front seat of his car.

i grumble to myself as he jogs around and climbs in himself.

it takes us around twenty five minutes to reach the precinct, i didn't realise how far into manhattan i had walked from brooklyn. and i don't ever walk so this is really saying something.

once terry parks up, he turns to me.

"are you going to walk in like a big girl or an i going to have to carry you again?" he asks in a fairly patronising tone. i roll my eyes, opening the car door and storming into the precinct. terry makes sure to stand near me in case i run away again.

i head up the stairs and reach the bullpen,everything being as normal.

"why the fuck have you brought me here? i was very happy freezing in the november weather" i tell terry. before he could reply, there's some kind of vocalising coming down the corridor beside captain holt's office. one by one, detectives and uniformed officers join in. terry leaves my side to sing with them. my tear-stained face scrunches up with confusion as my co-workers are singing to me. i shake my head, holding my hands up and turning around to walk away. before i could do so, i feel a hand grab my wrist and pull me back. i face jake and scoff as he stands there.

"y/n, please hear me out. i'm begging you" he pleads, hope filling his chestnut eyes. i roll my eyes, allowing him to explain. the weird singing quietens as jake stands before me.

"y/n, listen. i know you don't want to hear the cliché lines, but i can explain why i acted the way i did. last week, my mum told me that my dad was in some kind of car accident and that he had a small chance of surviving. four days ago, he passed away in hospital. i know my dad really hasn't been there for me but he's still my dad and i was heartbroken. i guess i pinpointed you to take my anger out on and that was a real jerk thing to do. please don't leave me. you're literally the most precious thing in my entire life and my world would be dark if you weren't in it. i'm half a heart without you, i'm half a man at best. please please please don't break up with me"

speechless. that's how i stood before jake peralta. my mouth was agape and my eyes wide. after a moment of pulling myself together, i speak to him.

"jake, why didn't you tell me that your dad had died? i could have supported you and helped you with the news and helped you deal with it. we're supposed to be a team in this, please don't keep things from me" i reply. he gives me a small smile, taking my hands in his. as he does so, he gets down on one knee. like i did six months ago, my hands cover my mouth and tears form in my eyes.

"y/n  y/l/n, you're the absolute love of my life and i would be utterly lost without you. i love you so so much and so i'm, kind of, re-proposing. will you marry me?" he asks, smiling up at me. i nod my head, letting a tear slip down my face. applauds sound throughout the bullpen as jake stands up, slipping my engagement ring back onto my finger.

i smile, jakes hands coming to my waist and mine, his neck. his lips smash into mine, we mould together like we were soulmates. we are soulmates, no one will ever come between us.

"i love you with all my heart" i whisper as we pull away, our foreheads resting together.

"i love you too, baby"

a/n  damn this chapter got me in tears what the fuck

also, i just want to say thank you so so much for reading this book. i logged into here earlier to see that so many people had requested a part two and just the fact that you like my writing means the world to me. and that so many of you are sending in requests to me, it means a lot so thank you!