fourty eight

i sigh, stepping out of the elevator with my perp handcuffed. i lead him to the cell within the bullpen, grabbing the sarge's keys from
his desk and unlocking the cell.

"there we go, michael. i suggest you make yourself at home, because you're gonna have to get used to this cell environment" i tell him, uncuffing him. he growls, leaping and laughing at me. officers in the bullpen run over to my situation but i had it under control. i tackle him back to the floor as i did twenty minutes ago and handcuffed him once again.

"damn. you're tough" rosa says, placing her motorcycle helmet on her desk. i shrug my shoulders, running both my hands through my hair before i sit down at my desk and begin writing my arrest report.

"y/n!" i hear a familiar voice yell as i start to input the perp's details. my head lifts up to see jake beckoning me into the break room. i groan, dragging myself up from my chair and to where i was being called. as i reach the door, jake yanks my arm and pulls me in.

"what the fuck do you want? i'm trying to get this report done before i finish my shift. i want to go home and order a pizza" i say, folding my arms over my chest. jake has this huge smile on his face, a smile i only see when he's super excited.

"ok, so you know i'm going on this date with amy tonight? well i got her a gift" he starts. he dashes over to his bag and pulls out a decent sized velvet box. my eyes widen as i realise what it is. jake notices my expression and shakes his head, denying that it is what i think it is. he opens it to reveal a beautiful necklace. i gasp, taking the box off his hands.

"jake. oh my god, it's gorgeous. she's going to love it" i tell him, glancing up at him. my heart aches as i look at this man beside me. for a year or so now, i've liked jake. he's funny, he's good-looking, we're best friends. but he's interested in amy, not me. hell, he's smitten with amy. don't get me wrong, i really like amy too, we work together all the time. i'd just love to be in her position.

"good. now you go, write your report. sorry i bothered you" he says, putting the gift back in his bag. i shake my head, saying an 'it's nothing'. jake smiles, coming over and engulfing me into a hug.

"you're the best. you know that, right?" he says, rubbing my back. i inhaled his scent, loving the faint hints of cologne, coffee and mint. from where i was stood, i could see rosa looking it at us. she was the only one who knew that i liked jake, i told her a few months ago when we were on a stakeout together. the two of us detach and jake quickly walks back to his desk when he sees amy enter the bullpen. i sigh, getting a bottle of water from the vending machine before i too head back to my desk.

my report was finished by the end of my shift and before i could go home, rosa pulled me to one side.

"i saw the two of you earlier. what was that about?" she asks me, placing her hands on her belt.

"he was just showing me the gift he's going to give amy tonight" i tell her, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. she tilts her head, sighing.

"i'm sorry, man" she honestly says. i shrug my shoulders as i gather my things.

"it's life. and i should seriously let it and him go, it's never gonna happen" i tell her, putting my bag over my shoulder. rosa stands there for a moment, not knowing how to reply. she eventually just pats my shoulder and tells me she's going home. i nod my head, bidding her goodbye before she leaves.

"y/n! thank you for the report, really good work" captain holt shouts before i enter the elevator. i reply with a loud 'thanks' before i go downstairs and get into my car. a brief fifteen minutes like it always was and i was home.

the time must have got to 2am when i was still sat up, watching netflix. nicky was being dragged down to maximum security on the tv when there was a persistent knock at the door. whoever it was, was very inpatient and was seriously irritating.

"alright! i'm coming!" i exclaim, rubbing my eyes and placing my beer bottle down. i shuffle through my apartment and unlock and open my door to see jake stood there.

but this wasn't jake. this was a man with scruffy hair, puffy eyes and a bottle of vodka in his hand. this man was sniffing and leaning on my doorframe.

"she dumped me" he uttered, letting another tear fall down his face. my mouth fell agape as i looked at my empty best friend.

i quickly pulled him in, guiding him through my apartment and down onto my sofa. for a moment, i just let him sit there and let out a few more tears before i pried.

"what happened?" i ask jake as i wrap my arm around his shoulders.

"so we went on this date, to that new restaurant near my apartment? and i was about to give her my gift before she claimed that we needed to talk. she said i was too immature and that she didn't want a serious relationship right now. well, not with me at least. i really liked her, y/n. i maybe even loved her" he explains, whispering as he spoke the last sentence. my heart feels a pang of hurt for jake, he is the most amazing person i know, he doesn't deserve to be treated like this. i tutted, lying myself back a bit so jake could lie against me and let it all out. my hands ran through his hair as he spoke to me.

"i know i'm sometimes a little childish but that's no reason to break up with me. is it?" he says, trying to catch his breath. i simply make shushing sounds as i continue to mess with his hair.

the bottle in jake's hand seems to make its way to his lips. i shake my head, taking it off him.

"alcohol is not the way to deal with this. especially not this cheap shit" i tell him, placing it on the table beside the couch. jake groans in annoyance, wiping his face and sitting up. for a moment, he stares at me. wondering whether there was something behind me, i look where he was looking and when i turn my head back, jake smashes his lips into mine. my eyes remained open whilst his closed as i was in shock. he tasted like vodka and bubblegum.

my hands pressed to jake's surprisingly hard chest, getting him off me. i shake my head, wiping my lips with my sleeve. i so didn't want him to stop but i didn't want for him to make a mistake.

"you're drunk and you're upset. you don't want to be doing something you're going to regret in the morning once soberness returns to you" i tell him, pulling my shirt down my torso.

"i do want this, i so want this oh my god" jake says, huskiness taking over his voice. i tried not to show any rection as i listen to him.

"you're just upset because you've been dumped. you can stay here tonight, you can sleep in my bed, i'll take the couch" i say, waiting for his agreement. he shakes his head, scooting himself closer to me.

"you're so hot. i've liked you for so long now, i was just too scared to tell you" jake says, moving his face closer to mine. i let out a quick breath before i grab jake's face, pressing our lips together once again. this time, it was the both of us kissing.

"are you sure you want to be doing this?" i ask jake, breathless. jake pants for a moment before he replies.

"just shut up and fuck me" he growls, taking his jacket off.