fifty nine

i walked into captain holt's office, becoming intimidated when secret looking men and a man in a suit were sat where my captain should be.

"y/n this is agent smith and daniels and commissioner johnson. they've also been investigating jason cole" the captain starts. commissioner johnson leans forward in his seat, locking his fingers together.

"we've been on his tail for two years. once we caught wind of an nypd detective investigating him, we thought we'd take them in to help us" he said, a bold english accent coming through. i nod my head, waiting for him to continue.

"we would like to invite you to england with us to help us investigate. don't worry, we will accommodate you for your stay and your wages from the nypd will be transferred over and will be put into pounds" johnson told me. my mouth hangs open and i'm in a state of shock as i hear my offer.

"do you accept?"

"yes! of course i do!" i reply without hesitation. johnson smiles, shaking hands with me and captain holt before he leaves. holt turns to me, shrugging his shoulders.

"congratulations. mr johnson says he would like to leave for london on saturday" he tells me. i nod my head again, thanking him and walking out of the office.

as i work, i can't stop smiling. i keep getting all excited about my work trip to london. i've never been to england, this is so cool.

"squad!" captain holt announces as he comes into the room. everyone turns to see him as he stands before the bullpen.

"i have some news. detective y/n will be leaving us" he says. the squad get in a state of panic and i swear jake nearly starts crying.

"probably shouldn't have paused there. she's leaving us for a few months, possibly a year. she's investigating a case with detectives in london. she leaves on saturday" he says. the bullpen applauds and i blush. i thank them and get back to my work. as i'm doing so, i see jake leave the bullpen in an angry manner.

"someone's not happy" rosa says, watching her colleague leave. i pull my face, confused at what is upsetting jake. i stand up, jogging after him. he goes into the evidence room and slams the door, unknowingly in my face. my eyebrows raise in surprise before I, too, enter the evidence room.

there, i see jake stood before the shelves, running his hand through his hair, something he only did when he was stressed or angry.

"are you ok? you seemed a little upset back there" i asked, watching jake swiftly swivel on his heels and face me. his face portrayed upset however once he sees me, his features soften slightly.

"you can't go to england with those guys. you can't" he says after letting out a sigh. i was a bit taken aback by his wish but i try to hide it well.

"and why's that?"

"because i'm not letting you travel half way across the world" jake protested, crossing his arms across his chest. i scoff, raising my eyebrows once again at my boyfriend.

"i'm sorry, I didn't realise that you were my dad" i sneer, laughing slightly. jake doesn't seem to budge under my comment.

"if you didn't realise, you're not in charge of me. ok? i'm in charge of me. i'm going to london, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and no one is going to stop me" i state, waiting for a reaction. jake sighs once again, placing his hands in his pockets.

"i promised your mom i wouldn't let anything bad happen to you and i couldn't live with myself if anything did happen go you, that's all." jake confesses, looking down at the the floor before up at me. i let out a sigh before placing my hands on his shoulders.

"jake, im going to be fine, don't you worry." i tell him, sending him a warm smile. he nods his head, agreeing with what i'm saying. he smiles back, placing his hand on my waist and leaning in. our lips connect and, as always, it was like fireworks, cringey and cliche as that is.

"i love you." jake says as he pulls away. i press a peck to jake's lips before replying.

"love you too."

a/n  terribly sorry this update has taken nearly a month, i've been very preoccupied with my roger taylor book. but i'll try to update as often as possible