twenty seven

the whole world knew they were more than friends. the whole world knew that they had crazy chemistry. the whole world knew that they were destined to be together.

they just didn't know it yet.

friday 8th june started out like any other day at work but it certainly didn't end like that.

y/n walked through the bullpen, throwing her car keys on her desk and heading to her locker to get her badge. as she walked into the ladies locker room, jake was just walking out. he placed his badge around his neck and walked back into the bullpen. as soon as he was out of the corridor, y/n walked out and placed her badge on her belt before walking back into the bullpen.

"briefing room!" sergeant jeffords announced to everyone present. y/n nodded, following the sarge to the briefing room. she sat down at the front table, amy sitting herself beside her and jake sitting on the exact seat behind y/n with charles sitting beside him.

the meeting started with rosa speaking about a current robbery case that she's working on and how it's going. captain holt thanks her after her inform and she sat back down at the back of the room, placing her legs up on the table and nodding for the captain to continue.

"the commissioner has demanded that four detectives solve the murder case of the previous mayor and since we have outstanding statistics, he has chosen us to solve it. since rosa is busy with her robbery case, the sarge is filling in for the sketch artist again and hitchcock and scully are useless, y/l/n, santiago, peralta and boyle will work in it. you four stay behind, the rest; dismissed!" the captain announced, everyone except the chosen ones standing up and dispersing. amy leans forward on her desk and y/n simply watches her as she rubs her hands together.

"fascinating" y/n whispers to herself, shaking her head as she watches her colleague preparing herself for her boss to give her the information of the case. jake chuckles quietly, momentarily glancing at y/n before he diverts his attention back to the captain.

"this case is serious. we can't be screwing it up. i know you four won't but i'm just telling you. the murder was on sixth street, here's the address" the captain orders, handing amy a note with the location on. y/n nods and the four of them leave the briefing room to grab their jackets. as she's leaving, jake comes up behind y/n.

"this is the coolest case ever" he whispers, trying to keep his cool but failing.

"i know!" y/n whispers back, holding her hand low for jake to discreetly high-five. he does and the two clear their throats before heading out of the bullpen.

they all reach downstairs and y/n says she'll drive and the four climb into the car.

"ok guys, the captain says we cannot screw this up. he wasn't messing around and neither am i! this could be what gets me that sergeants exam and i am not having one of you screw it up! got it?!" she shouts at the three of us. i nod my head quickly but she places her hand on my shoulder.

"oh goodness, y/n i didn't mean you" she says kindly before swiftly turning her body to face the boys in the back.

"got it?!" she shouts again. jake and charles giggle nervously before promising that they won't screw it up for her. amy nods her head and smiles before turning back to the front of the car.

they reach the location of the crime and park before climbing out of the car. as y/n is locking the car, jake walks past her and gasps dramatically. she turns to him and sees him freaking out before he becomes cool again. she can't help but laugh out loud, getting looks from people, especially charles and amy. they share a glance before heading into the crime scene.

after getting intel from the mayor's assistant and a uniformed officer who was at the scene first, the four start to scour the scene. amy and y/n head upstairs as charles and jake check the mayor's office downstairs.