Chapter one: Ready for church, Mrs. Henderson?

That's Shelby ^
Shelby's POV

*beep beep beep*

"Ugh!" I say as I slap the shit out of my alarm clock. Its Sunday, and so we have our usual mass. Being a Jehovah's Witness is NOT fun, even more horrible when your dad his the pastor, and your mother is the choir director. So, that means I get to read and sing a bunch at the masses, great.

I hop into the shower and did a little makeup, not to much though or my mom would scalp me.

"Good morning baby!" My mother said as I walked downstairs to get my breakfast.

"Will I be singing today?" I asked my mom who was making toast.

"Yep," she simply replied with

I responded with okay, obviously.

"Here you go honey," my mom said, placing a plate in front of me.

"Thank y-" I started to say as my dad barged into the house.

"Loretta, Shelby! Amazing news!" My dad said, running into the kitchen.

"Well, what is it, Greg?" My mom said

"The Jackson's have come back to Gary, and they're gonna come to our mass!" He said excitingly.

"What?!" I said, spitting out my food.

"Shelby! Manors!" My mother said

"Sorry mother, its just, I'm going to be in the presence of Michael Jackson?" I asked, knowing the answer.

"Yes you are!" My dad said, running upstairs to his room to get ready.

"You better get dressed, Shelby, don't wanna look bad for the Jackson's," my mother teased.

I finished my breakfast, and ran upstairs to fide my best outfit I could. I decided on a creamish pink dress shirt, and black dress pants that were extremely tight. I slide on my shoes and then went downstairs to meet my mother who was wearing floral sundress, sun hat, and shaw.

"Isn't that a bit much, mother?" I asked

"Shelby, we have to make a good impression for Jacksons, this is the first time theyve been back in a while," she answered

"Daddy! You ready?" I called from downstairs.

"Almost!" He called back.

When he finished, us and our neighbors, the Hertford's did our usual three block walk to the church building.

"Shelby! Have you heard? The Jackson's are coming today!!" Kelly Hertford whispered to me

"Of course I've heard! Who hasn't?" I answered

As we entered the building, everyone was at they're place, all nervous about the arrival of the Jackson family.

At my church, we don't really sing the regular church songs, so my dad told me that I would be singing We Are The World from two years ago. Oh just great, the man who wrote the song is gonna be here and I have to sing his song! Great, thanks dad!

The service was about to start, when Joe Jackson entered the building.

A/N how did you like Shelby's POV? And yes, poor Michael has to go to church 😂 anyway, I hope you enjoyed!! Xoxo