Chapter seventeen: Going home

Shelby's POV
April 12th 1987

I was in my room, when Eddie came back in and tried to rape me again. And then came in the guy who tried to rape me earlier. I screamed as they came closer to me, then all of the sudden, Michael came in and beat the living shit out of them.

I woke after that dream, to see Michael peacefully sleeping next to me. I was okay with this dream, because he saved me, but it was still kinda frightening. I turned over to the clock to see that it was 11:00am.

Shit. It was getting late.

But I didn't want to get up, but I knew we had to. I turned over to Michael, who was sleeping on his back, his face in his pillow. He had on long Pajama pants and no shirt on- I has okay with that 😉.

"Michael, babe, it's time to get up," I whispered to him, shaking his shoulder.

"Uh uh," He said into his pillow.

"But we gotta, come on," I said, giggling.

"Uh Uh," He said again.

Okay, this man really didn't want to get up- so I had to make him.

I quickly rolled over onto his back, and started to play with his beautiful, black curls.

"Come on, Applehead, we gotta get up," I laughed.

"Stop tempting me," He said again into his pillow.

"Well then, if your not gonna wake up, I'll just have to make you!" I said.

I put my arms around Michael waist, and rolled over, pulling him on top of me.

"Will you get up now?" I asked

"Nope," He said, is eyes still closed.

"But why not! It's a new day! Let's get a fresh start!" I said cheerfully.

"Give me one reason I should get up," He said, laughing, a smile across his face.

"Well, then you'll do it for me!" I said, kissing his cheek.

"Fine, I'll get up, but only for you," He said, turning over and kissing my forehead.

After that he got up and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

I quickly changed my clothes into a white and yellow blouse and some leggings, and waited for Michael to come out of the bathroom so I could do my hair.

I didn't need to take a shower because I took one the night before, so I watched TV as I waited for him.

After about 15 minutes, he came out of the bathroom in nothing but towel, and he looked damn fine in it.

"Took you long enough," I laughed from across the room, when I noticed something- white patches on his chest, what was he hiding?

"Hey, Michael?"

"Yeah,"

"What are those on your chest?" I asked sympathetically.

"Oh nothing, I'm going to change," he said, running into the closet.

I was not convinced. I waited at the door of the closet for him to come out.

He came out in a black slacks and a navy button up shirt, the usual.

I was standing there, crossing my arms, giving him the tell-me-what-you're-hiding look.

"Michael, will you please tell me what your hiding?" I asked him

"It's nothing, really Shelby," He said, walking away,
But I stopped him before he could get to the door.

"Michael," I said, as I started to unbutton is shirt.

"Shelby please stop!" He said, tears forming in his soft, gentle, beautiful eyes.

I unbutton his shirt to see the white spots.

"Oh my goodness, you poor thing!" I said, pulling him into a LARGE embrace.

"Oh Shelby, I can't help it! I don't know what to do!" He cried into my chest, as we sat down on the bed.

"Is this why you feel insecure?" I asked, still hugging him.

He nodded yes, tears still in his eyes.

"Michael, look at me, you are the most beautiful, adorable, loving, caring, talented, sexy, courageous, man I have ever met, and you NEVER, EVER need to feel insecure, these spots just make you more unique, do you understand that?" I asked him.

"Shelby! I love you so much!" He said, hugging me again.

After our perfect moment, we checked out the hotel to go back to Gary.

"Really hope we can come back soon," I said

"Yeah me to, I wish I could do a concert here, but the venues are to small," he said laughing.

We got in the car, and everything was smooth sailing. We got about half way there, when we stopped at Denny's for a late lunch. The area was so small, there was no paparazzi!

We drove the rest of the way, and when we got back to Gary, we went to my house first.

"I think we should tell your parents were official, and you're gonna come with me," Michael said.

"I think we should tell them later, like a few weeks, ya know? They might go insane!" I said

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, I love you Shelbs," He said, hugging me, and kissing me on the forehead.

"I love you to, Applehead, I'm gonna miss having your warm body there at night," I said.

"I will to, but just think, in a few weeks, we'll be back at Neverland, doing that every night," He said, sweetly.

"Well, goodbye, Applehead,"

"Goodbye Shelbs,"

Then I went inside.