Chapter Twenty six- Secrets

Michael's POV
August 31st 1987

Shelby has been acting really weirdly, lately. We don't celebrate birthdays, but I just turned 29 a few days ago, and Shelby and I did spend the day together, it was really nice, but she seemed sick.

"Shelby, are you okay? You seem sick?" I would ask.

"Michael, I'm fine, I promise!" She would reassure me. Although I didn't believe her. One night, we were eating dinner, we where eating chicken salad, and she barely ate a crouton. I was worried about her, there's something she's not telling me, and I need to know. Also, it's the end of August, and she's been wearing long sleeved shirts and long pants. That's not normal, saying that this is California.

So tonight, I decided that is was time to confront her. I didn't want to do it rudely, but I had to ask her. So I planned on a nice dinner outside, and after that, we could ride the rides here at Neverland, then I would ask her. This was all very confusing, but I want what's best for her, so I had to.

Shelby's POV

I can't let Michael find out.

I've been starving myself for weeks now, and I've lost more then 20 pounds. That was a WHOLE lot for me, being that I was around 145 pounds to begin with. At this point, my body wasn't letting me eat, and it was all for one reason:

I wanted to stay a model.

I loved feeling pretty, and if this means starving myself, then so be it.

One night, Michael and I were having dinner together, chicken salad, and I barely ate at all, and when I did, it felt like I was gonna puke. After dinner that night, I puked in one of the guest bathrooms for about 10 straight minutes. Luckily, Michael didn't catch me, as he was downstairs with Bubbles, the chimp. Bubbles was the cutest animal I'd ever seen, and sometimes, I would go to Bubbles, just to play with him.

Michael loves me very much, but I just didn't know how he was gonna react if he found out, I sure hope he doesn't.

Tonight, Michael and I were gonna have "a fun night outside," as he called it, I had no clue what this was, but I love Michael so I don't mind him giving me a surprise.

Michael's POV
6:07pm

"Shelby! Come down here," I said from the living room.

"What's up?" She said walking down.

"Oh nothing, you ready for our special dinner?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah let's go," she laughed as I let her outside.

We sat down at a table together, and waited for the chef to bring our food. We talked about a few things, and then the chef came.

"Thank you, Henry," I said to the chef, he nodded a "no problem,"

It was roast beef and potatoes.
It was really good, but again, Shelby barely ate anything.

"Not hungry?" I finally asked.

"No, I just don't feel very good, I'll be right back," she said, getting up from the table.

She quickly ran into the house, and up the stairs.

I quietly followed her, not letting her notice me. She ran into the bathroom, not closing the door all the way.

I sat on the carpet, looking into the crack in the door.

Shelby was looking in the mirror, crying.

"I'm not pretty!" She said, tears falling down her face.

That was complete lie

She started messing with her face, scrunching her skin in different places, like she was gonna get plastic surgery.

"Hans was right! I do need plastic surgery!" She cried into the mirror.

What! Hans said she needed surgery! Im completely stunned, Shelby is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen!

Then she pulled up her shirt, to show her frail body, starved and malnourished.

Then it hit me.

She was starving herself, so that she could be a model.

Sick.

Sick that those people would say such terrible things about her.

She pulled her shirt back down, and went to the toilet, and kneeled down and started to puke.

This poor girl, what do I do!?!

She finished puking, and then got up and looked in the mirror.

"What am I doing to myself!?l she screamed to herself, falling to the floor, crying.

She was now on the tile floor, scrunched up in a ball, crying her eyes out.

That's when I knew I needed to go in.

"SHELBY!" I screamed, running by her side.

I picked her up, and put her into my lap.

"Shelby why didn't you tell me?!" I said, not angrily, but comfortingly.

"I-I'm-im," she tried to say.

"Shhh," I said, rubbing the back of her head, and back.

"I thought you would get mad me!" She managed to say.

"Oh Shelby, I'm not mad at you! I just want you to tell me when these things happen! You can't keep doing this to yourself, I just want you to be healthy and happy, okay?" I comforted her.

"I-I I'm sorry," She stammered.

"Shelby, don't be, you were brainwashed into thinking that you need to be something that your not! But you are the most beautiful, gorgeous, amazing, caring, loving, sexy, and courageous woman I have ever met! You don't need some big shot photographer or manager to tell You otherwise, because I'm always here, and I will always think that what I just said is true......I love you Shelby," I said, meaning every word I said.

"I love you to!" She said into my chest, still crying.

"Now come on, we need to get you to a doctor," I said.

She nodded yes.

A/N-that was a very hard chapter to write, because these are real issue people are having. So please, if you have a family member or friend you know is doing this to themselves, tell someone, get them help. Before it's to late. Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter xoxoxo