Chapter 54: Tabloid Image

Shelby's POV
September 7th 1988
(Shorter chapter)

The Bad tour will end in October, so we can finally go back to Neverland for a while. We are going to adopt Matthew on November 12th, so we'll have a few weeks to get his room ready with things he likes.

"Good morning michael," I say, walking into the living room in his oversized red button up.

"Shelby, what is this?" He asked me, showing me a picture of my naked body after getting out of the shower on the cover of a magazine.

"What the hell...." I whispered, taking the picture out of his hand.

"So how much are you selling your body for huh? Making some good money?" He asked angered.

"What are you talking out, someone must have taken this on your birthday," I said

"Shelby, are you selling your body to the press," he yelled, standing up in front of me.

"No I'm not, I swear on my life!" I cried.

"Who the hell did this to me!" I cried

Then I looked at the picture, there's a shadow of a man reflecting in the mirror. He appeared to be sitting on the fire escape by the window.

"OH MA GOD!" I said, pointing to the man.

"Holy shit......" Michael breathed.

"The morning of your birthday, I heard someone say something like, "Hey, I've got it," I cried

"Im so sorry for accusing you of that, Shelbs," He said, hugging me.

"Why don't we make a video telling what really happened,"

Later.

"Hello everyone, I'm Shelby Jackson and as a lot of you all know, my body is on the cover of many magazines and the center of tabloid attention. Most of the press and the magazines have been accusing me of cheating on my loving husband Michael Jackson which is totally not the case. Michael's right here behind the camera holding our daughter Sofie. We are making this video to tell what really happened. That photo was taken the morning of Michael's birthday just this year. While I was in the shower, and my privacy was taken advantage by a Japanese photographer who has not be named yet. The man then sold the photo to many tabloid magazines and to the press outlets. We are very, very angry and devastated that this happened. It is never right to take advantage of someone in that way, and we really hope that it never happens again. Thank you,"

That message was broadcasted for everyone to see.