Chapter 52: Wedding

Michael's POV
July 12th 1988

9:35am

I woke up early in the morning to get ready for the wedding.

My heart is LITERALLY pounding out of me. My brothers promised that they would help get ready for the wedding. So this morning I was to go to Marlon's house where all of my brothers would be waiting.

I looked to the side of me to see Shelby who was dead asleep. I quietly kissed her cheek and whispered "see you later,"

I walked into our bathroom and took a quick shower, and was on my way.

I grabbed a large bag with a my suit a few extra things.

At Marlon's house

"You excited man?" Jackie smirked

"Yeah, just..... nervous," he giggled

"No need to be, man. Shelby loves you, and there's no doubt about it," Tito said, as the front door to Marlons house opened.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked a drunk Randy, who smelled and looked like shit.

"Nothins' wrong, can you just *berps* calm down?" He said, sounding extremely out of it.

"I'm sorry Randy, but I don't want you drunk ass at my wedding. Go upstairs and lay down," I commanded him.

"You can't tell me what to *berps* do," he said, pushing me back.

"Listen Randy, I'm tired of your bullshit! You will go upstairs and lay down until you in shape again, do you understand me?" I yelled, pinning him against a wall.

"Get him Mike!" Marlon laughed

"Fine, asshole," Randy said, straddling upstairs and into one of the rooms.

"Way to get em, Michael," Jackie said.

"I was just pissed off," I said, walking back to them.

"Let's get your suit on," Jermaine said.

Jermaine and I still aren't on our best terms, but we've grown up a bit and gotten over it.

I then went into the bathroom, and put on my red button up shirt and my black pants on. I was careful to make everything perfectly in place, all for Shelby.

"Looking fine, Mike! I think Shelby's gon be gettin it tonight," Jermaine joked

"Oh shut up!" I said, playfully punching his arm.

"Here's your jacket, Mr. Jackson," Marlon joked, putting the black suit around my arms.

I walked over to the mirror in the hallway to look at myself.

I put my fedora on and put my hands in my pocket.

"Don't worry so much, Mike! Everything is gonna be okay!" Tito said

"I hope so," I whispered to myself.

2:30pm

Shelby's POV

"Are you ready?" La Toya said, hugging my shoulders as we looked in the mirror.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered

"What's wrong?" My mother asked, picking up the hair brush.

"I'm just worried that, something will go wrong. I just want this wedding to be perfect for Michael and I, I really do," I said, looking at the girls behind me.