Chapter 63: Show Off!

July 1st 1990
Shelby's POV

I woke up this morning to see that Michael wasn't in bed with me. I figured he was probably just at the studio and had left early. I looked over to the clock to see that it was 10:30am. And then totally out of the blue, Michael, Sofie, and Matthew popped up on the bed out of no where.

"Good morning!" Michael said happily.

"Mommy come on! We're gonna go swimming!" Matthew exclaimed.

"We also have guests, so come on, Shelbs!" Michael said, dragging me off of the bed.

"Ugh, but it's so early!" I whined.

"It's 10:30, you'll be alright," Michael stated.

"To early for people," I muttered

We all walked downstairs to see a little blond boy, a bit older then Matthew sitting on the couch.

"Shelby, this Macaulay, Shelby this is my wife Shelby," Michael said.

"Hi..." he said softly as I shook his hand.

"Hi there," I smiled at his cute face.

"Now lets all get dressed and go swimming, how does that sound?" Michael exclaimed.

"Okay, how about Macaulay, you go with Matthew up to his room, and Sofie you come with daddy and I," I suggested.

We all walked upstairs and parted out ways.

"Michael! I'm tried though," I whined

"Oh you'll be okay! You don't even have to get in," he said.

"Okay," I shrugged.

I walked over to into the closet with ease and looked for which bathing suit I was gonna wear. I finally choice a simple red one piece that was still flashy.

I walked at of the closet to see Michael helping little Sofie into her little, pink bathing suit that had a little tutu on the bottom. Michael didn't have his swimming trunks on yet, so I took Sofie so he could go change.

"Momma, we gunna go sweeming," Sofie said seriously.

"I know, are you excited?" I asked her.

"Uh huh," she she shook her head.

"Why don't we put your floaties on, Okay?" I said, grabbing the little floaties from the floor and putting the orange rings around her arms.

Michael came back minutes later in his all black trunks. I could tell he was uncomfortable. I could see the now large patches of white all over his chest, as he tried to hide them from me.

"Michael, you don't have to hide your vitiligo. It's beautiful, okay? It's what makes you perfect," I said, tracing over the spots on his chest. Soon after, Sofie repeated what I was doing as I held her in my arms.

"Daddy I lik you spots," she smiled.

"Aww thank you Princess," he said, kissing her head.

We walked out of our room and waited for Macaulay who was in an extra bathroom and Matthew who was in his room.

"You boys almost ready?" I called from down the hall.

As soon as I said that, they came out of the rooms they were in.

"So I've only seen the Neverland pool in pictures, is it really as big as it's said to be?" Macaulay asked excitedly.

"It's pretty big," Michael chucked as we walk outside.

"Good god it's boiling," I whine as we made our way to the pool.

"Shelby you've been living since 1987 I'd think you'd be used to it," Michael laughs.

"Doesn't mean I can't say the facts," I say, glaring at him.

When we got closer, my perfect little wild child Sofie decided that she wanted to run into the pool. Michael sprinted after her and grabbed her right before she hit the water.

"Sofie you have to be careful! But because you have floaties on dont mean you can't be careful," Michael scolded her.

"Come on! Let's get in!" Matthew yelled as him and Macaulay jumped into the pool.
Matthew had been having swimming lessons for a while now, so he was fine. I made my way over to a lay out chair and put on my sunglasses.

"Come on, Shelby! Come get in," Michael called, as he carried Sofie into the pool.

"I might come on in a minute, I just don't feel like it right now, Okay?" I said with an attitude.

"No need to be salty," Michael laughed, sticking his tongue out at me, making me do the same back to him.

I laid there with my eyes closed as I listen to the cheers and splashed from Michael and the kids. I was already tanning so I went ahead and put on some sun screen just to be sure. I continued to lay there, until it got noticeably quiet.

I didn't think much of it, but before I knew it, I felt Michael's big hands curve around my waist, picking me up.

"MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON DONT YOU DARE!" I scream, as he runs to the pool.

"STOP IT!" I scream as he throws me into the pool.

Michael throws his head back, laughing his ass off, as the boys do to.

"I'm gonna get you back, you nut!" I laughed, coming back up from the water.

I got used to the water eventually. It felt good against the hot sun.

"Hey Shelby, I bet you can't do a flip off of the diving board," Michael challenged.

"Oh really? 20 dollars says I can," I smirked, knowing very well I could do it.

"Okay then it's a bet," he says as I get out of the water

I climbed the layers and latter until I got to the top of the diving board. And to be honest, it was a lot higher up then I thought. I walked to the edge and took a deep breath. 'I can do this, I can do this' I told myself.

I took one more deep breath and jumped high off the diving board, accidentally doing two front flips until I hit the water. The water actually hit me pretty hard, not gonna lie.

"Show off!" Michael giggled.

"Hey I didn't even mean it so that, now pay up," I said, putting my hand out.

"I'll pay you later," he laughed.

"Applehead you should try!" Macaulay said.

"You know what? I will!" Michael said proudly.

Michael got out of the pool and proudly strode up the ladder. Macaulay being the sneaky child he is, followed him up.

Michael got up there and started doing some stupid little dance that made the kids and I laugh. As soon as Macaulay got up there, he pushed Mike right back into the pool.

"Nice one Mac!" I laughed.

"I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you, Mac! Mac, I'm going to annihilate you!" Michael yelled, but happily.

The rest of the day we spent going on the Neverland rides, swimming, playing with the animals and a whole lot more.