Chapter thirty five: finding out

Shelby's POV
November 5th 1987

Ive been getting sick a lot lately, and I don't even know why. But on another note, I was FINALLY put on the cover of a magazine!!! I was so happy that people finally knew my name!

Anyway, today, Michael was going to the studio to record some songs he was working on, so I was alone at Neverland.

All day, I've been vomiting and getting sick left and right. What do I do? Think to myself.

Oh shit.

What if.....

I'm pregnant.

I mean, Michael and I didn't use protection, so it's a possibility.

I ran into the bathroom, thinking about this revelation. I looked through every single cabinet until I found the pregnancy tests, I took one out and read the instructions.

"Okay, So I've gotta pee on it, then one line means no, and two means yes. Okay! Easy enough," I said out loud.

So, I did my business, and sat on the tile floor, waiting for a beeping noise to come, that meaning it had figured out if I had conceived.

Beep, beep. Beep!

I heard. The test wasn't facing me, so I don't know yet. I took a deep breath, and turned the test over....

Two lines

I was the happiest person in the world! In nine short months, I will have a little baby girl or boy running around the house!! And the best part is.... it's with the love of my life, the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, and I couldn't be happier!!

I wanted to make telling Michael special, so I planned for us to go on a picnic when he got home, but first, I was gonna tell my mother and father.

"Hello,"

"Hello mother!" I said excitedly

"Oh, hey baby! How have you been?" She asked.

"Oh I couldn't be better! I have some great news, mother!" I said

"Oh I just love good news! Well, what is it?" She laughed.

"Well, Mother, I'm pregnant!!" I said excitedly

"No, your kidding! I can't believe it! In nine months I'll be a grandmother! Does Michael know?" She said excitedly

"No, I'm going to tell him tonight, I want it to be extra special for him," I said

"Well I'll let you get to that, okay? I love you so much, Shelby, and tell Michael I love him to!" She said happily.

Michael's POV

Today has been a rough day. I've been recording all day, and my voice hurts! All I've wanted to do all day is see Shelby! But, I'm home now, so that's good

"Shelby! I'm home!" I called from downstairs.

She came running down the stairs in a blue and white long dress, and her hair done like Dorothy from the wizard of oz.

"Well aren't you fancy?" I said, kissing her.

"I know! Now come on! Let's have a good night, okay?" She said, getting a picnic basket and pulling me outside.

We got to the top of a little hill I have, with a tree on top, over looking the sun set.

"What's all this about?" I laughed

"You'll see," she said

We sat on a blanket, eating the food she had brought.

We talked, and talked, and talked, to the point where her head was in my lap.

"Michael?" She said

"Yeah, what's up, babe?" I said.

"What if I told you, I was pregnant?" She said