Chapter 61: thunder storm

June 9th 1990
Michael's POV

I decided not to have a talk with Matthew last night because he seemed to have quite the temper last night. Shelby said just to leave him for a little while, so we did.

Last night

"What about Matthews dinner?" I asked as Shelby, Sofie and I sat at the table.

"I-I'll take some up to him," Shelby said.

She got up an put some of the mashed potatoes and ham on a plate.

She then walked upstairs and I could hear their conversation from the hall.

"Matthew, *knocks on the door* It's me, mom," she started.

"NO!" He yelled.

"Matthew don't be like this, unlock the door please," she demanded.

"NO I DONT WANNA TALK," he screamed.

"Ugh. I have your dinner," she huffed.

He then got up and from where ever he was in the room and opened the door.

"Thank you....." he whispered-yelled and shut the door.

"He really is mad," I said to myself.

"Daddy, wus wrung wit Matu," Sofie tried to say, mispronouncing almost every word.

"Oh nothing, he's just in a bad mood," I explained to her, putting my hand on her face.

"Daddy! Ca we wash Peur pan?!" She exclaimed.

"Sure we can watch Peter Pan after dinner," I laughed.

Present day

"Teddy I just don't know, this song is just so..... I don't know, it's just so sexual," I said as Teddy and I sat in the studio.

"Oh come on Michael! You've heard the rumors, people think you're gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that it's just not you! We have to have this song, Mike,"  Teddy said.

"Ted. This song is called "In the closet, what are you not understanding here?!" I said annoyed.

"Yeah but people understand that the lyrics clearly state a sexually active relationship between a man and a woman," teddy said.

"Yes but you know the press! They're ruthless, they could change any subject into anything at all," I whined

"Okay Michael, lets make a deal. At this time next year we will make a sexy, edgy music video that shows everyone that Michael Jackson is a straight, married man!" He exclaimed throwing his hands up.

I didn't say anything, I'm just thinking.

"Come on mike! We'll get a sexy model to do the video with you, it'll be great-" he started.

"Alright under one condition, my wife is that model in the video," I said.

(A/N yes I know that Naomi Campbell is the model but I don't care 😂)

"Okay, Fine. That's just fine. We'll get a nice set, nice simple costumes, and Shelby will be the leading lady," he restated.

———————

"So do you understand why daddy and I don't like you raising your voice to us?" I heard Shelby say as I walked upstairs.

"Yes..... I was just so excited I-I-i didn't mean to.... I just feel like I have to impress daddy, or he won't love me," Matthews said as I waited by his bedroom door, their backs to me.

"Why do you think that," I say, walking in and sitting next to them on the bed.

"Michael I didn't know you were home," Shelby said quickly.

"Yeah I guess i was pretty quiet. But anyway what do you mean Matthew?" I asked

"I-i have to make you proud be-because you're Michael Jackson a-and-" he started, with tears in his eyes

"Shh Sh sh, it doesn't matter who i am or what my status is. I will always be your dad no matter what, okay? And I will always be proud of you even if you're scrubbing the floor of a high school," I said, taking him into a hug.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you guys," he said quietly.

"It's okay buddy, now let's see that test grade." I said happily.

He then went to his chest of drawers and got out a piece of paper that read "100%, good job!"

"Good job buddy!" Shelby exclaimed.

"This will go right on the kitchen fridge okay?" I said, holding it up.

———————
11:35pm that night

"Good god it's raining hammers outside, Mike," Shelby said from the window of our bedroom.

"Wow it is. So wanna watch a movie?" I asked her, already looking at the selections of movies we had.

"I mean, I don't care. Anything is fine with me," she said, sitting on the floor next to me.

"Well horror movies are our thing so....... how about.... the Texas chainsaw massacre!" I said devilishly showing her the movie tape.

"Ugh. Fine!" She giggled.

"But if I have nightmares for the rest of my life, I'm gonna go all leather face up on your ass," she joked as I put in the movie.

———————-

"NOOO PLEASE STOP!" A girl screamed as leather face stuck her back into a meat hook.

As I watched the movie without looking away once Shelby dig her face in my chest.

"You scared?" I giggled.

"No! I wasn't that scared......" she lied.

"Come on now you were scared," I laugh.

"Well I'm sorry it's storming outside and that girl was just stuck onto a meat hook by a human flesh wearing manic!" She said matter of factly.

"It's only a movie....." I giggled.

Minutes later a clash of thunder so loud all of California could hear struck.

"Shh," Shelby said, turning off the tv.

"What?" I asked.

"Listen," She said.

It was the sound of little feet running down the hall.

Soon after, Matthew and Sofie came running in our room, and jumped on our bed.

"Momma, daddy! Th-the storm sc-ared us!" Matthew cried.

"Uh huh! Duh tunder wa super scary!" Sofie said with a serious but adorable face.

"Awww well then you guys can stay with us tonight," Shelby said.

"Bu momma I no tired," Sofie said.

"Well I guess we can watch a movie then," I said, taking Sofie into my arms.

"What movie were you guys watching?" Matthew asked.

"A movie you can watch when you're 17," Shelby joked.

"Oh," Matthew said.

Another strike of thunder hit and Matthew and Sofie Dove right into our arms with a shriek.

"It's okay, it's nothing to be scared of," I said, kissing their foreheads.

"So what movie are we gonna watch?" Shelby asked.

"DUMO!" Sofie tried to say.

"Dumo? What's that?" I asked, as we all began to think.

"DUMO!" She exclaimed again.

"Oh Dumbo!" Shelby said.

"Oh, good idea," I laughed.

We watched about an hour of the movie before both of the kids fell asleep in our arms. Today was a pretty good day.

A/N my heart!