Chapter 48: baby

Shelby's POV
June 10th 1988

Right now I'm sitting on the front porch of a little cabin I've rented in Northern California. It's really nice here, but I miss Michael. I didn't leave because I was mad at Michael, I left because I needed time to think, time to find myself as a woman.

I sat in this rocking chair, watching the sunset falling over the beautiful trees. It was very pleasant and peaceful here, and it was nice to watch nature go by like this. But I've been thinking a lot lately.

-Michael and I are getting married in August.
-I'm still modeling.
-Michael goes back to touring in September
-I lost the baby.

Then it hit me, we should adopt. We could adopt a child or baby that is less fortunate, something Michael would love to do.

So when will I go back? When will I return to Neverland to my fiancé who is probably broken by my leaving.

I plan to go back tomorrow, and promise Michael to never, ever leave him again. And I MEAN that when I say it.

I got up from my place in the rocking chair and went inside to pack my stuff. I went into the small bedroom and put my clothes in the suitcase as I hummed I just can't stop loving you.

I wonder if Michael's filming moonwalker? Or the smooth criminal video? Or some other song I don't know. I bet he's being pretty active.

Michael's POV

I haven't been doing anything since Shelby left.
All I've been doing is sitting at Neverland, crying, song writing, and watching tv. I told frank I just didn't feel like doing anything until my woman was back.

Shelby's POV

I finished packing my stuff, and laid down for bed.

Every night since I've left, I've taken a pillow and sent it like it would be Michael, as I held onto him.

I slowly drifted into a dark dream.

Michael and I were at home at Neverland, with baby Sarah. I imagined her having darker skin like Michael, and having brownish-blondish hair like mine. I imagined that she was crying, and Michael was holding her. We tried to get her to stop crying, but she just wouldnt.

We tried everything, and nothing worked. And then I woke up, but the crying didn't stop.

I hit my head a few times to back sure I wasn't still dreaming, but I wasn't dreaming.

I walked out of my room, and into the small living room. The crying continued. I had no idea where it was coming from.

I ran outside, and looked all around the house. I followed the voice of a crying baby, that seemed to be VERY young. Finally, I came across the side of the house.

And to my surprise, there was a little baby, maybe a week old, wrapped in a blanket, crying it's eyes out.

"Oh my gosh!" I cried

I ran over to it and picked it up, it was a girl.

Next to her was a note that read:
"Name: Sofie Aniston
Birthday: June 5th 1988
Sex: female
Please take care of me, my parents are unable to do so. Please take me home and take good care of me,"

I picked her up and held her very close to me.

"Sh, sh. It's gonna be okay, I promise. Michael and I are gonna take good care of you," I said, softly petting her head, as she quietly stopped crying.

I held her very close to me as I ran inside to get bag, and ran outside to the car.

I opened the truck to get out the baby's car seat that was for Sarah.

I one handedly strapped in the car seat, strapped Sofie in, and put a blanket on her. I slowly drove through the ran, all the way back to Neverland.

I Quickly pulled in and unstrapped Sofie.

"It's gonna be okay, let's go see Michael," I said softly to the baby.

I quickly unlocked the door, and Michael was no where to be seen.

"Michael?? MICHAEL?" I yelled from the entry way.

As soon as I said that, food steps came running room the upstairs.

"SHELBY!" Michael cried running to me.

"Michael, I found her near where I was staying, her name is Sofie, there was a note that said to take care of her, she's a week old!" I cried.

"What? Let me see," he said, running up to me.

I gently handed the sleeping a baby to Michael for him to see.

"Well isn't she just the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen," he said.

"We're gonna take very good care of you Sofie, I promise," he said, kissing her little forehead.

"I'm so glad your back, Shelbs! I missed you so much," he cried.

"I missed you to, I guess if I hadn't had left we wouldn't have this beautiful little girl," I said happily.

"I love you so much," Michael said

"I love you to," I said

"But I also love this little girl," he said, kissing her little baby lips.

Bitch I swear he made her smile!