Chapter 40: Will you?

Michael's POV
December 31st 1987

Today is the last night of 1987. This has been one of the best years of my life, Having Shelby in it. And now, we're having a baby. But I've realized, we've REALLY been rushing things, I really didn't want that to happen, but we are very happy with each other, so I think it's time I as her the "big question,"

Tonight, my good friend Lionel Richie is having a big New Years party, where he's having a bunch of artist come and perform, and eat food and stuff like that. I've been put to perform Bad last.

A/N this event never happened btw 😂

I plan to perform, and then ask her, on stage. I want it to be very memorable moment for the both of us. I plan to invite her up on stage, and then get down on one knee and have the back up singers sing "I do" my ABBA.

"Shelby! You ready?" I asked her from the living room.

"Yeah! Almost," she said from our bathroom.
I was wearing black suit jacket, light purple shirt, and black pants, much like the suit from the Billie Jean video, but a bit more plain. Shelby and down the stairs in a dress that was quite revealing in places, and her tiny baby bump only was noticeable but the top of her dress. She looked absolutely stunning.

"You look amazing, Shelbs," I said, kissing her forehead

"Looking good yourself, Jackson," she said, putting her hands in my hair.

I lead her to the limo, where we got in and drove off to the theater where the party was.

"You ready for the red carpet?" I asked her

"Yep, my new manager, Katelynn taught me everything," I said.

"Alright, let's do this," I said

Bill opened the door for us, and took her hand, as we got out of the car, hand in hand, into the building. Cameras were omg flashing in every direction. We both have little waves and smiles to them, and went about our way.

We got inside where we were greeted my Lionel and his wife. They led us to the red carpet area, and went on.

There were many other celebrities there, but all the focus was on us. And damn, Shelby wasn't lying when she said she knew what to do.

After that we took our seats in the front row, and waited for the show to start.

Shelby and I were talking about all of the performers and such when a women came up behind Shelby, with a country accent.

"Is this seat taken?"She asked, as I realized who it was.

It was Dolly Parton, when Shelby turns around, she's gonna FREAK.

"Oh ma gosh, Michael! It's Dolly Parton!" She laughed like a little fan girl.

"Yes it is! How are you sweetheart?" She said, hugging Shelby, and then hugging me.

"I'm great! Thank!" Shelby said, laughing.

"Michael I've heard so much about you and Shelby! God I can't wait for this baby to come! He or she is just gonna be the most beautiful child I have ever seen!" Dolly laughed.

We all sat down and continued to talk, as the lights dimmed.

"Hello everyone! We thank you all for coming out tonight, I'm Lionel Richie, and I'm hosting this party for tonight! The order of the performances goes: Myself,
Diana Ross,
Paul McCartney,
Kenny loggins,
The bangles,
Dolly Parton,
Prince,
George Michael,
And then to finish off the night, Michael Jackson!"
He said

We all clapped, as Lionel got ready to sing. All of the performances were very good, but Dolly's was beautiful. She got up there and sang a medley of Jolene, Coat of Many Colors, 9 to 5, and I will always love you. When she was performing, I liked over to Shelby who was crying!

Then, it was finally my turn. After Dolly finished, I went backstage to get ready, but not for the performance, but to ask Shelby.

"Jackson you're on in 5," I stage hand said

I nodded in response. I was so nervous!

After George Michael finish his lame ass performance of Carless Whisper, I was ready to sing Bad. I got out of stage, now in a black leather jacket, white shirt, and black pants. I sang the song with full power, and used the whole stage as my own. I sang my heart out until the very last moment. By now it's about 10 minutes till 12. I had to hurry.

I did my bows and waved a little.

"Thank you, Thank you! Now ah, there's something I've been waiting to do for a while now, and I need one person to help me with that, so will My beautiful Shelby Henderson come to the stage.

Dolly whispered something in her ear, as she got up, and walked up on stage.

"Yes, Michale if you're gonna ask to go to KFC after this, then yes we can," she joked, as everyone laughed.

I took her left hand, as I held the microphone in the other.

"Shelby Henderson, from the moment I played eyes on you, I knew I just had to make you mine. And when you said you wanted to come back to Neverland with me, I was the happiest man in the world! We went through some deep stuff and still loving each other just as much as we were when we first met, so I wanna ask-no sing this to you," I said, getting down on one knee.

Shelby put her hands over her mouth as the crowd gasped to.

Love me or leave me
Make your choice but believe me
I love you

I sang

I do, I do, I do, I do, I do!
The back up singers sang.

I can't conceal it
Don't you see?
Can't you feel it?
Don't you too?

I sang some more.

I do, I do, I do, I do, I do

"Say I do!" I sang alone

Shelby was now crying, as I held the ring down on one knee.

And then we heard

"10, 9, 8, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1!"

Right on one she said

"YES! YES I WILL MARRY YOU MICHAEL JACKSON!" She basically cried, as I picked her up and spun her around. We kissed each other as our "now engaged kiss" and our "news years kiss,"

What a night.