Chapter 50: Breakdown

Shelby's POV
June 25th 1988

Life with the baby has been so good! She's such a sweet little thing, and she's just a few weeks old. Michael's full attention has been on her and me, but he got back to filming Smooth Criminal about a week ago and is almost done. Even though he is gone most of the day, he comes home to us and all he does is spend time with us. I can really tell how great of a father he is. He's so gentle with Sofie, or what he calls "his little princess,"

Michael and I are to get married on July 12th. We decided since we have a baby now we need to get married sooner, but that's not a problem because we have the whole thing planned out. We've also decided that Elizabeth Taylor and my good friend from back home Kyle are gonna be the god parents to Sofie. What a lucky baby! Having Elizabeth Taylor as your god mother.

The only bad thing is, Michael has to go back to touring in August, but Sofie and I are coming. But I can tell he really just wants to stay home and be with us, but you gotta do what ya gotta do!

——————

"Goodness Sofie, you sure a in a good mood today," I said in a baby voice, taking her small body out of the bathtub. She seems to really like this little baby bath holder Thingy Michael got her, so we can put her in the bath.

She hadn't cried all day- what a relief!

"Now let's get you all dried off," I said, getting her small, bright pink baby towel and softly drying her off.

After I dried her off, a laid her on the changing table, put a diaper on her, and put an oversized long sleeved onesie on her.

"You are so cute, my little baby," I said, pulling her close to me, and kissing her baby lips.

I walked around the room with her in my arms, as the front door opened.

Michael's home! I thought to myself.

I slowly walked to the stairs to see him still in his smooth criminal suit, looking extremely warn out.

Sweat was dripping from his forehead, his curls were a mess, making him look extremely sexy. His suit was slightly out of place as well.

"You okay Mike?" I asked him.

"Take.... me.... up..... stairs..." He panted, falling to the ground.

"Michael!" I said, running over to him.

I sat Sofie down in her play pin, and ran for Michael.

"You Okay?" I asked him, turning him to face me.

"I...i.. just over... over worked myself today," He panted, our of breath.

"Come on, let's get you upstairs," I said, helping him up.

I helped him up the stairs and into the bedroom.

"What happened today?" I asked him, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"I just..... Shelby, I want this video to be perfect! And it's just not going well, I just over work myself, I'm warn out, Shelbs!" He cried, I could tell he was lying.

"Sh Sh come here. Now, let's get you into the bath tub, then we can go play with Sofie, how about that?" I said into his chest.

"Okay," He said, falling onto the bed.

I walked into our master bathroom, and started to run a bath for him.

"Hot or cold?" I asked him.

"Cold, Ice cold," He panted

"K," I simply said