Chapter 60: in trouble

Shelby's POV
June 8th 1990

Ive gotta say, 1989 was the best year of my life. Nothing bad happened, was there with my kids, husband, and the world. I've been modeling a lot lately, and Michael's been song writing all over the place. He's basically got an entire album together. And let's see im now 29, Matthew is 6, and Sofie just turned two. Poor Michael's birthday is last so he hasn't turned an age.

"What's this one gonna be called?" I asked him.

"I'm thinking, Dangerous...... but I don't know yet," he said

"That's cool, what songs are you gonna put on there?" I asked

"Well, so far I've got Black or White, Jam, Why you wanna trip on me, In the closet and a few more," He said

"In the closet? Is there something you need to tell me, Michael?" I said seriously.

"No, no, no. It's actually the opposite of what your thinking," he laughed.

"Ohhhh a sexual song, don't see a whole lotta those," I said seductively.

"Yeah, I don't know when these will actually come together, but I really want to have you in my music videos, for like the love songs, ya know?" He blushed

"Well I would love to be in your music videos. But right now I have a shoot, so I have to go, Love you!" I said kissing his lips.

"Love you to!" He said as I walked out of the house to the limo.

"Oh and by the way, Ms. Presley said that she can't teach Matthew tomorrow," I said before I left.

"Okay I'll tell him,"

"Bye mommy!" My now two year old said.

"Bye sweety, I'll be back later," I said to Sofie, who then ran to Michael.

———————-
Later

"Yes Shelby turn to your left,"

"Good now hands on your hips,"

"Can you bend down a bit?"

The photographers asked me.

Today I was modeling for MTV and their magazine and partnering with Pepsi. They said I Would be on the cover of the magazine with in the next few days.

I was in a simple white tank top and blue jean shorts. I was doing some kind of thing for Pepsi, so I had a can in my hand. The managers and staff said that this would be my "big break" this Pepsi commercial, but I really don't know. We all know what happened to Michael in '84.

Modeling is so fun because I get to show off my body and have people not hate me. I feel like if I was a singer who showed their body like models do, that I would get back lash for that.

As soon as the shoot was done, me and my  assistant Kathy went for lunch.

"Shelby I just know it! This is it, you're gonna be the biggest super model the 90's have ever seen!" Kathy said, waving her hands like a crazy person.

"Shh calm down! I don't want the paps to follow us." I giggled as we ate our food.

"Soooo, hows the family?" She asked.

"They're good, very good actually. Michael's been really busy with his new album, Matthew is being home schooled now and a private teacher teaches him in an office at Neverland. Also Sofie has been walking really well lately, and she talks like a grown adult!" I explain.

"Gosh, I hope I have a family like you one day, you all seem so happy!" She exclaimed.

"Well when you've been through so much, it just really makes you feel good to come home to a family that loves you so very much," I gush, almost bragging.

————————

The limo pulled up to Neverland at around 3:20 and I walked inside.

"Matthew you have to be more careful next time," I heard Michael say in a soft but firm tone as I walked in the house.

"I didn't mean to," Matthew said, as I walked into the living room to see Michael    Squatting down to Matthews level.

"What's going on you two?" I say as I approach them.

"Matthew, would you like to explain to your mother what happened?" Michael said.

"I-I was really happy because I got a good grade on my test, t-that I was running through the house to show daddy, a-and I knocked over a vase a-and it broke...." He said as disappointment filled his face.

"Matthew you have to be more careful next time, okay buddy," i said

"I know, I'm sorry...." he said with tears in his eyes.

"And no more running in the house, okay? That is no way to behave," Michael said.

As soon as he said it, Matthews little face seemed to fill with anger.

"I said I'm sorry!" Matthew yelled.

"Woah, do not raise your voice young man," I said.

"You will never raise your voice to me or your mother, do you understand me?" Michael said sternly.

Matthew didn't say anything.

"I said do you understand me?" Michael repeated.

This was the first time Matthew had ever been in trouble since we've had him.

"I'm going to give you to the count of three to answer me," Michael started.

Matthew looked away.

"One.... two..... three," Michael said, as Matthew continued to look away.

"Alright that's enough. Go to your room, we will discuss this later young man," Michael said.

"Fine!" Matthew yelled as he stomped off to his room.

"Phew, what a great way to start the night," Michael sighed, standing next to me.

"It's okay. He's a six year old boy, this is gonna happen," I said, as he took me close in his arms.

"This is what I was scared about, I don't want him to hate me," Michael gushed.

"Oh Michael, he's a normal kid. One day he says he hates you, the next you're laying in the floor playing with toy cars with him. It's just gonna happen, it's normal," I said.

"Mommy!" My two year old said, hobbling down the stairs.

"Hi baby!" I said, as picked her up and spun her around.

"Did you have fun today?" I asked.

"Yesh! Daddy wen to duh studo an me wen to!" She exclaimed.

She could never pronounce studio.

"Wow daddy took you to the studio? That's pretty special," I laughed.

"Yeah this morning she said she wanted to hear music so I took her. She had a blast!" Michael.