Chapter 39: Jolene

Shelby's POV
Later that day

Michael and I spend the rest of the night working out the kinks for the tour, planning hotel stays, doctors appointments, things like that.

"So first show is in St.louis, then we travel all around the US, then to Japan, then The Uk, then by that times, it's about early May, so we can get back to Neverland so you can have the baby here," he explained

A/N yes, I know, the Bad tour started in 1987, and didn't start in the US, but it works out for the story, so just go with it.

"Okay, That makes sense, but I will get to watch you perform, won't I?" I giggled

"Your welcome to hang backstage at any performance, Shelbs," he said, a big smile plastered across his face.

"So do you think-," I started, but was interrupted by the phone ringing.

"Op, let me get that," Michael said, getting up and walking to the phone.

"Hello? Oh hi Frank? Yeah! We're great thank you! Oh, you have news, well, what is it?" He said

I heard muffled words in the phone, and watched Michael's mouth drop.

"NO! NA UH! SHE IS NOT COMING, FRANK! I DONT WANT THAT SLUT ON TOUR WITH ME! I WOULD RATHER HAVE PRINCE GO ON TOUR WITH ME, THEN HER ASS!" He yelled

"NO, FRANK, I DO HAVE A CHOICE, THIS IS MY GOD DAMN TOUR, I GET TO MAKE DECISIONS TO!!" He said

"What's going on?" I asked, getting up, and hugging him from behind.

"Listen Frank, I've gotta go, bye," He said

He slammed the phone on the floor, sending the cord with it.

"Michael what's the matter?" I said calmly.

"FRANK HAS TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO INVITE TATIANA ON TOUR WITH US! GOD! I THOUGHT THE VIDEO WAS THE LAST OF HER RATCHET ASS!" He said, xscaping my grip.

A/n see what I did there? 😂

"God! NOT HER AGAIN!" I said

"I need a minute...." Michael said, walking away.

"Wait! Michael? Where are you going?" I asked

"I'm going outside, I just need a minute," he said

"Michael, can't we just solve this together?" I suggested

"No, Shelby, I already told you, I just need a minute!" He said, slamming the back door, and walking down the stone path.

I could tell he was PISSED, so I let him be.

I walked upstairs, to the piano room, which was acquainted with retro, disco, soul type things in it. Sometimes, I would just come in here and reflect on the day, and let out all of my energy.

I look through the old records that Michael had, things like Piano Man by Billy Joel, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club band by The Beatles, mostly all of the Jackson 5 records, some Diana Ross, and one that caught my eye, Jolene By Dolly Parton.

I LOVED Dolly when I was younger and still do. And then it hit me, Tatiana is kinda like Jolene! Just, Michael doesn't like her, but still! I took out the record, and placed it on the record player. I sat on the floor, my legs crossed, and my eyes closed. I started to sing.

Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
Please don't take him just because you can....