Chapter 47: without you

Shelby's POV
same day

"We-we lost the baby?!" I cried

Michael gave a nod as he tried to hold back more tears.

"And the doctor said you're unable to have kids, at-at all," he cried.

Without a word, Michael fell right into my arms, burying his head deep into my chest.

"I-I'm So-so Sorry I put you through this!" He choked, the tears on his face hitting my neck.

"No-no Michael this isn't your fault, it's-its......." I started, tears falling down my face as well.

"Then whose is it? I was the one who got you pregnant!" He cried

"Michael, it's-it's, it's Eddies fault," I said

"What?"

"It's Eddie's fault! I-i would have been able to carry the baby if it wasn't for him slamming a weight into me!" I cried, lifting Michael's face to see the tears in his eyes.

"Shelby, we can sue....." Michael said

"NO, MICHAEL! HE KILLED OUR CHILD! HE HURT ME! HE HURT US! AND GUESS WHAT I WAS TOLD A FEW DAYS AGO? HE'S ONLY SERVING 16 DAMN MONTHS!" I screamed

That was the first time I've ever yelled at Michael.

"Shelby please calm down, everything is gonna be okay," Michael said calmly.

"NO MICHAEL! DONT TALK TO ME THAT WA-" I started to say, as Michael pulled me into a firm embrace.

"Shhh, it's gonna be okay, hey guess what?" He said as he brushes his fingers through my hair.

"What?" I cried.

"I got to see her, she looked like me, she had my skin color, but had your lighter hair," He said, smiling to crying at the same time.

"Was She gone when she came out?" I cried

Michael nodded.

"I'm afraid so, Shelbs," He said, making me cry even more.

"You know, when the doctor asked what we were gonna name her, I said Sarah, Sarah Jackson," he said

"Michael, I want Sarah here! Not in heaven not anywhere but here! Why can't she be here?" I cried some more.

"I don't know Shelby, I wish i could answer that, but I can't," he cried.

"Are my mom and dad here?" I asked

"Yes they're in the waiting room, hey listen I have to do a press Conference, because of all the damn Paparazzi, so I'll be right back okay?" He said kissing my head as my parents came in.

Michael's POV

"You ready Mr. Jackson?" Bill asked

"Ye-Yeah," I quietly answered.

We walked outside to where THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of fans and paparazzis waited and cheered to see me walking up to a podium in the entrance of the hospital.

My mother, Joseph and all of my siblings and children waited to the side as I walked up to the podium with a frown on my face.

"MICHAEL! MICHAEL WE LOVE YOU!" They screamed.

"Hello everyone, good morning. We are very, very glad that you all are so worried about Shelby, but we ask that after this announcement that you all please, please leave the residence of this hospital to not disturb the other patients here. As you may know, Shelby was taken into the hospital last night, because she was Umm, bleeding," I said with a stutter.

"And uh, Shelby and I are very, very devastated to say..... we lost the baby......"
I cried, falling into my mothers arms.

Gasps and cries fell over the crowd.

"Oh I know it's hard Michael! Do you want me to talk?" My mother whispered into my ear.

I nodded a yes into her shoulder as Bill and I walked back inside.

I say Shelby and her parents laying in the hospital bed looking at a picture book.

"How did I go?" Shelby asked, still crying.

Instead of answering her, I just fell into her arms and started openly crying.

Loretta rubbed my back as I cried like a baby into Shelby's shoulder.

"Aw Michael, we know how much you wanted a child, it's gonna be okay," Loretta said

"You've been very strong, son," Greg said.

We all sat there like that for a few more minutes, before my family came in and we all kinda cried together.

Later
Still Michael's POV

Shelby was let go from the hospital tonight and is now at home.

We've been laying on couch all day not saying a word.

"I'm going to bed," Shelby finally said

She got up from my arms on the couch and left to go upstairs.

A good movie was on, so I stayed on the couch.

Shelby's parents were staying at my parents house to give Shelby and I some space, but they were gonna come over tomorrow.

1:23am

The movie is ended and I went up to bed. I saw Shelby peacefully sleeping on her side of the bed.

I went into the closet and changed into my pajamas.

I slowly laid down on the bed facing the ceiling.

Shelby's POV

I wasn't actually sleeping, I was crying. But I didn't want Michael to see that, I don't know why. I laid on my side facing opposite of Michael. Every night we sleep in each others arms, but not tonight.

I just can't believe I lost my a baby. I feel terrible.

"Shelby, are you crying?" Michael asked.

Shit, I've been caught.

"Y-yes," I stuttered.

"Come here," He said, opening his arms to me.

I slowly slide into his big arms, as I silently cried.

"It's okay, you can cry," he said

I was now on my side as he gently ran his fingers through my hair.

As he did this, I realized I had to do something.

I got out of his arms and went to the closet.

"Where are you going?" He asked as I packed a bag.

I didn't answer, I just kept putting clothes and stuff in a bag.

"Shelby what are you doing?" He asked getting up from the bed.

"Look at me Michael. You are so much better then I am, every time I look at you it reminds me of Sarah. I need to get away, I need to find myself," I explained , tears running down my face.

"Shelby, are you leaving me?" He cried

"No, I just need time to myself, to think," I said, walking out of the bedroom as he followed.

"Shelby please don't leave! I can't live without you," He said, chasing after me.

"No, Michael. I don't know how long I will be gone, but I will be back, I just need time to think," I said crying.

I grabbed the keys from the kitchen and ran outside to the car and got in.

Michael stood on the porch, crying as I rode away into the night.