Chapter 51: Janet to the rescue

Shelby's POV
July 2nd 1988

Today Janet, La Toya, Rebbie, Katherine, and I would be going to pick up my wedding dress.

We already had it professionally designed and everything, so today we would just be going to make sure it fits.

My dress was a beautiful lace up dress that was curvy around the waist but flowed out at the bottom.

I was in LOVE with my dress. We had been sent a picture of it by the designers, and ever since I've been in love with it.

That morning

"Alright you got everything Sofie needs?" I asked Michael who was holding Sofie from the kitchen.

"Yep, no need to worry, we're gonna have a good day, aren't we?" He said, pinching Sofie's cheeks.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go now, I'll be back in about two hours, love you all," I said, kissing Michael.

"Love you too," He said, as he walked upstairs with Sofie.

I took my purse from the counter and made my way to one of the cars.

I picked the one I took when I found Sofie, just for memories.

I got in the car and drove to the Hayvenhurst home to pick up Janet and Katherine.

Fifteen minutes later

"Oh hello, baby! Janet! Shelby's here!" Katherine called from the door.

"Coming!" Janet yelled from the stairs.

"Rebbie and La Toya are gonna meet us there, knowing La Toya she's probably already there," Katherine laughed.

"Okay sounds like a plan," I laughed

"Okay I'm here," Janet said, fiddling with her purse

"Janet I told you to get ready an hour ago," Katherine said, annoyed.

"Sorry, I kinda had a.... distraction," Janet said.

"Oh whatever, come on let's go," she said, pushing Janet out of the house.

Janet hopped in the backseat and Katherine got in the passenger seat, as I got back into the drivers seat.

"So, what's Michael up to today?" Katherine asked me as I pulled out of the driveway.

"Oh he's got BIG plans with Sofie, or at least that's what he said," I laughed

"She is just the cutest little thing!" Janet exclaimed

"Aww Thank you. You know we just love her so much!" I said in a sort of movie style way.

We talked about different things on the way, and eventually we got to the dress shop.

Not surprisingly, La Toya was leaning on the back of her car, with her arms crossed.

We parked across the parking lot from her and walked her way.

"How long have you been standing here?" Katherine asked.

"Um, about 45 minutes," she said, looking at her watch.

"Good god La Toya," Janet said

"Janet!" Katherine said, giving Janet's arm a playful slap.

"Well thanks for coming anyway, where's Rebbie?" I asked

"Oh she said she was gonna be here, I don't know where she is," La Toya said.

We waited for about five more minutes before Rebbie came riding in the parking lot.

"Sorry I'm late guys, the kids were wearing me out," she said, exhausted.

"Oh it's no problem," I said as we walked in the building.

"Hello how can I help you ladies?" The man at the counter asked.

"Hi were her for a dress fitting for Shelby Henderson," I said

"Let me check..... and here. Right this way Ma'am. Guest have to stay out while the bride fits in the dress," the man said, leading me to the back room, as Katherine, Rebbie, La Toya, and Janet all sat down on the benches.

"I've only seen my dress in pictures, it seems very-," I started, as the man pinned me against the wall.

"What the hell are you going?" I tried to say, but he covered my mouth.

"So I hear you Michael Jackson's hoe, huh? You know, I bet you to have fun in the bedroom, but I can do better," He said

"GET THE HELL OFF OF ME!" I screamed

"GET OFFA HER YOU LITTLE SHIT!" Janet came running in.

Janet ran over to the man and tackled him, making him fall to the ground.

"GET OFF OF ME YOU PUSSY!" He yelled at Janet, as she pinned him to the ground.

"NOW YOU KNOW HOW SHE FELT, HUH?" She yelled, pulling his head back.

"Now, we won't press charges if you give us the damn dress and let us on our way, got it?" Janet yelled, as the others ran in.

"BEAT HIS ASS, JAN!" La Toya yelled

"That is the only time I wanna hear you say that young lady," Katherine said, pointing her finger.

"OKAY, ILL GET THE DRESS," he said, as Janet let go of him.

As he walked past me, I took him in and arm lock and said:

"And yes, for your information, Michael and I do have fun in the bedroom," I said, kicking him in the nuts.

"Ohhh!" Rebbie and La Toya said

"Owww holy shit!" The man yelled, grabbing himself and Walking to the where the dresses were.

"Thanks Jan, where'd you learn that?" I asked her, as we high fived each other.

"I have six older brothers, I used to beat the shit outta em," she whispered so that Katherine wouldn't hear.

"So, you and Michael do have some fun, huh," Rebbie smirked, walking over to us.

"Yes, but I only said that because I wanted that ass outta my face..... Sorry Katherine," I said, recognizing I cursed.

"It's okay, sometimes it's okay to call out a bitch when you see you," Katherine said.

"Okay, I have your dress," he said.

"Thanks, now leave," I said taking it from him.

All of the other girls helped me into my dress, as I looked in the mirror.

"You are gonna make the most beautiful bride the world has ever seen," Rebbie said hugging my shoulders.

"Ohh Shelby why are you crying?" La Toya said, comforting me.

"I-I'm ju-just so happy th-that I'm g-gonna get m-married to M-Michael! He's the b-best thing t-that's ever happened to me!" I cried, falling into Katherine's arms.

"Awwww, it's okay!" The girls said, putting us all in a big group hug.

"It's okay baby, you know how much you mean to Michael. I can't wait to be able to call you Shelby Jackson," Katherine said.