Chapter 41: The Grammys

Shelby's POV
January 17th 1988
(Not actual date)

Quick update: HOLY SHIT MICHAEL AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!

I really couldn't be happier, being with him everyday just makes me the happiest woman EVER.

Tonight was the 1988 Grammys, and Michael is nominated for 4 Grammys! I have no doubt he will at least win two of the four. This past year, Michael has worked his fucking ass off for this album, Bad. And if he doesn't win anything, a bitch gone be pissed (me).

Michael was going to be performing The Way You Make Me Feel with Slutiana, and then Man in The Mirror. For the man in the mirror performance, he has worked his ass off.

Tonight I was gonna be wearing a black dress, that went all the way done to my feet.

Michael is wearing a red suit jacket and a blue shirt underneath it.

"Looking good Jackson," he said to me

"Thanks Applehead," I laughed

"You ready?" He asked, taking my arm

"As ready as I'll ever be," I laughed.

We got in the car and rode to the location of the Grammys. I was SO excited that I was going to the Grammys with Michael. This gave me the chance to show people what I could do in the public.

Red carpet

"SHELBY! SHELBY, OVER HERE! LOOK THIS WAY SHELBY! MICHAEL! MICHAEL POSE WITH HER!" The photographers screamed.

We did as they commanded, getting some nice pictures of us together.

"SHELBY, MICHAEL! ITS TIME FOR YOU INTERVIEW!" A reporter said.

We walked over to him, where a big camera was right on us.

"So how are you to feeling tonight?" He asked

"We're great, we couldn't be happier," I answered for us.

"So, how is the baby?" He asked

"The baby is perfectly fine and healthy, we're actually going to see the gender in a few weeks," Michael said giggling.

"That's amazing, we'll have a good night you two!" He said

We walked into the theater, as Bad ironically played.

We took our seats in the second row, next to a bunch of Michael's assistants, managers, people like that.

"You excited, Mike?" Quincy Jones asked him

"Yeah I am, this is gonna be a good performance," Michael laughed.

"How are you, Shelby?" Asked me, as we hugged.

"I'm doing great, how about you?" I asked

"Oh I'm just fine, thank you," He said, as we sat down.