Chapter 49: Adopting

Michael's POV
Same night

"What do we do?" Shelby asked, as we made our way up the stairs.

"Well, we take care of her tonight, and then take her to the police tomorrow," I answered, matter of factly.

"Okay...." Shelby quietly answered.

"Hey, how about I put her Sarah's room, hmm?" I suggested, trying to make Shelby feel better.

"That sounds great," she answered

I watched Shelby walk into our room, as I walked down the hall to the nursery.

I pushed the pink door open to the beautiful pink princess bedroom we had set up for little Sarah.

I gently set Sofie in the crib, and quietly walked out, but as I went for the door, she started crying.

I stopped in my tracks, and turned to face the beautiful baby girl before me. I gently picked her up again and sat down in the rocking chair.

"Sh, sh, everything is gonna be okay, I promise, I won't let anything happen to you, your a beautiful girl you know that right, I hope you like this room. You know, I would love to watch you grow up. I'm so sorry that your parents couldn't take care of you, but I'm sure when we take you down to the police station there will be a loving family waiting for you," I whispered to her, as I held her to my neck.

She was now not really crying, but more quietly whimpering.

So, I started to sing to her.

"You and I must make a pact,
We must bring salvation back.
Where there is love,
I'll be there,"

I sang to her, as she quietly fell asleep.

I rocked her for a few more minutes, and then set you back in her crib to sleep.

I quietly walked out of the room, and left the door cracked open.

I slowly walked back to Our room, in order to not wake Sofie.

I walked back into the room to see Shelby there. She was sitting at the edge of the bed, already in her pajamas.

I slowly walked over to her, kisses her lips.

"I missed you, I really did," I said, as I fell on top of her on the bed.

"I missed you to," She managed to say.

We continued to kiss for another few minutes, before I pulled away to go change my clothes.

I changed into some black shorts, and left my shirt off.

"Have you been using the medicine the doctor gave you for your vitiligo?" Shelby asked me, as I laid into bed.

"Yes, but's it doesn't seem to be working," I said quietly

"Come here," She said, opening her arms for me to fall into them.

I obeyed, and softly laid on her chest.

She put her hands in my damp hair, as we both kinda laid in silence.

"Michael?" Shelby said out of the blue.

"Yeah, Shelbs," I said

"I want to keep the baby," she said strongly

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking up at her.

"I mean, I don't want Sofie to go through adoption and sit in an orphanage for years, I want us to adopt her!" She said now proudly.

I looked at her for a minute, and finally said: