Chapter Twenty: Telling Her Parents

Michael's POV
April 29th 1987

Shelby and I still haven't told her parents, or my parents for that matter that we would be returning to LA together, we planned that though, we wanted it to seem like we had just now thought of it. Just so they wouldn't be like "y'all have been together
for a week that's stupid," but we knew what we wanted, and we knew it was right. So, tonight, I've invited her parents over for dinner, so we can tell her parents and my parents. My mother was going to be making dinner, so it was gonna be FANCY. I asked Shelby to come over a bit early so that we could plan and be ready. So she came over at about 5:30 so we could talk. I was waiting in the living room for her to get here when the door bell rang.

"I've got it," Janet said, getting the door.

"Hey Janet!" Shelby said hugging Janet.

"Hi Shelbs! How are you?" She asked

"I'm good, thank you, hey Michael," she said walking over to me and kissing my lips

"Woah guys, keep it PG in there," Randy laughed

"Oh shut up Randy! Don't make me bring up the time and your girlfriend got caught horse riding in the basement back at HavenHurst," I laughed

"Sorry, Sorry, my bad," he said.

"Come on, let's go in my room, we can talk in there," I said leading her there. She had on a beautiful white sundress with flowers on it, that looked absolutely beautiful on her.

"So, how are we gonna tell um?" She asked, sitting down on my bed.

"Well, I think we should tell them at the dinner table so that we can get their full attention," i suggested

"Good idea, Applehead," She said kissing my cheek.

We talked about a few other kinks we needed to work out to make telling them perfect.

After a while I started to kiss her neck like we did back on her birthday, she seemed to be really enjoying it until-

"MICHAEL DINNERS READY!" My mother called from the kitchen.

We walked out of my room, hand in hand, getting our food.

"How's my favorite little couple?" My mother said

"Hey!" Jermaine said jokingly

"Notice I said, little," she joked.

We all got our food and sat at the huge table in the living room. Shelby and I sat next to each other, her parents across the table. We all talked for a little while, about small little things, as we ate. After we all finished, Shelby looked at me and gave me the I'm-ready-when-you-are look.

I stood up Shelby's hand in mine.

I cleared my throat and began

"So umm, everyone, the real reason we called for this dinner was to make an announcement-" I started.

"Oh don't tell me your gettin married!" Randy said jokingly.

"Randy!" My mother said as I gave him the death glare.

"Anyway, as you all know, All of us, the Jacksons are leaving to go back to LA on May 5th, and Shelby and I have decided, well you can tell um," I said, smiling at Shelby.

"I'm going to LA with Michael!" She said smiling at me, she looked so genuinely happy.

Everyone cheered as we sat looked at each other, everyone expect for her parents, and of course Joseph. But it wasnt that they were mad, they were crying.

"Mother, father, do you wanna talk," Shelby asked.

They nodded their heads.

Shelby took my hand and the four of us walked into my room.

"Is this what you want to do Shelby?" Loretta asked.

"Yes mother, doing this will make the happiest person in the world!"

"Will this make you both happy?" Greg asked

"Oh I can assure you it will," i answered.

"Well Shelby, if this is what makes both of you happy, I want you to have the best time in LA!!" Loretta said, a large smile across her face.

Yessss!

"Oh thank you guys for approving!" She said hugging them.

"Whatever is gonna make our baby girl happy," Greg laughed.

As we walked out of the room, all looks were on us, not surprising.

"Well?" Tito said

"They approve!!" I exclaimed

We all cheered, and ate ice cream, all of us, as a family

A/N about you, but I LOVED writing this chapter! Hope you enjoyed! Xoxo