Chapter Twenty four- First Day

Shelby's POV
JULY 15th 1987

Today was the big day! I had my first shoot as a model! I was so happy to have a man like Michael my life, he just made everything happy. Lord, being in the same room as him always put a smile on my face.

"You ready Shelbs?" Michael said, he was taking me today.

"As ready as I'll ever be!" I said, kissing his cheek.

"Alright then, let's go, My Little Model," He said

That name Made me so happy!

As we got there, we walked in to meet the photographer.

"Hi I'm Hans, it's nice to meet you two," an Man said

"Hi I'm Michael and this is Shelby, my little Model," He said smiling.

"What a beautiful couple! Now let me show you to your manager, Miss. Shelby," Hans said, leading us to a smaller women in a business suit.

"Hello I'm Ella Cartfield, your manager, it's very nice to meet you,"

"Nice to meet you to," I said, shaking her hand.

"Now, let's get you all dolled up for your first shoot! Places everyone! Places!" She said like this was some movie.

She lead me to a dressing room, where Michael sat on the couch, while they had Karen, his makeup artist do my makeup, and boy was she good!

"Shelby you don't need makeup! You are beautiful as it is, girl!" She said smiling, Karen and I have been friends for a while.

"Oh thank you, Karen," I said.

"Almost, and done!" She said, turning me to the mirror.

"Oh my goodness, thank you so much, Karen!" I said, admiring myself (lol)

"You look absolutely gorgeous, Shelby! What do you think, Michael?" Karen asked him as I got up from the chair and he got up from the couch.

"I think she looks stunning, absolutely stunning," he said, kissing my forehead.

"Awww thanks Applehead," I said

"Alright Miss.Shelby we start in five," Ella called from the door.

"Okay, thanks!" I said.

Michael and I walked out to the main room where the shoot was happening.

"Alright, be a star, Shelby," Michael said smiling.

"I will," I said

"Alright, places!" Ella said as I was pushed onto the white background.

I was a natural to this. I don't even know how, but I knew what to do and when it do it.

We took about 100 pictures and Hans said they would be sent to the magazines.

I was so excited!

"So, how'd you like your first shoot?" Michael asked me in the hallway.

"Oh it was absolutely amazing!" I said kissing his lips.

"I'll be right back, im gonna use the restroom, I won't be long," he said

"Better not," I laughed.

As I was standing there, from the corner of my eye, I could see Ella and Hans talking, and then, I heard my name being thrown out, so I kinda ease gropped on them.

"You know, I REALLY don't like this one, she just so....fat," Ella said

Wait, what? I'm not trying to be defiant, but I was pretty skinny.

"I know right! I've seen so much better, she's not even that pretty, that girl needs more work then her boyfriend has," Hans said

Okay, this has gone to far, but I loved modeling.... what do I do? I guess I'll just have to eat less, and maybe I do need plastic surgery.......

This was all to much, I walked back to where the bathrooms were, and I just collapsed to the floor, I didn't faint just I couldn't breath, and I started panting.

"OH MA GOD, SHELBY!" Michael said as he came out of the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" He asked, putting me in his lap.

"It's-it's I'm just ready to go home,"

A/N PLOT TWIST!! Hope you enjoyed xoxo