Chapter 62: It Gets Worse

June 27th 1990
Shelby's POV

Matthew finished school a few days after the little incident with the test happened. He was originally supposed to stop at the beginning of June but Ms. Presley said a little more schooling wouldn't hurt.

——————————

"SHELBY COME DOWN HERE!" Michael yelled from downstairs.

I quickly put down my makeup brush on our bathroom sink and skipped downstairs.

"What? What's the matter?" I asked worried.

"What's the matter? Nothings the matter, look!" He said, pointing at the tv.

"Wife of the king of pop Michael Jackson, Up coming supermodel Shelby Jackson is now named America's next top model of the 90's! Just yesterday her MTV magazine cover and partnership with Pepsi hit store fronts all over the world!"

"Yes magazine covers are calling her by new nicknames such as "the queen of magazine covers," her cover has created a craze everywhere with young girls already doing their eye makeup like she does in the picture, isn't that just amazing?"

"Oh..my..god..." I breathed.

"This is amazing Shelby!" Michael smiled.

"I can't believe it..." I smiled.

"You better! And the best part is, "the queen of magazine covers is mine, all mine!" He said proudly, walking into the kitchen.

"The girl is mine, the doggone girl is mine," he sang into the kitchen.

I had to take a minute and think. Little girls admired me? That's the best feeling in the world to me.

But my thinking was short lived because the loud tapping of high heels came clicking down the stairs.

I turned around to see Sofie trotting down the stairs in a pair of my six inch heels, a large Sun hat, the world of jewelry I own, large sunglasses, a pink hand bag, and her face caked in makeup.

"Sofia Katherine Jackson what in the?" I laughed.

She gave a dramatic strut down the end of the stairs and continued to walk to the kitchen.

"Sofie What are you doing?" I asked again.

"I being like mommy," she said, and kept walking.

"Wait, where did you get That makeup?" I asked startled.

As soon as I had realized but she had done, I sprinted but the stairs an into our bedroom making my short red nightgown fly everywhere.

I looked into our bathroom to see a sight I did NOT wanna see.

"SOFIE!" I yelled.

My makeup was everywhere! From lipstick to eye liner to foundation it was all over the counter and floor, and to top it all off a little pink princess stool stood in front of the sink.

"Shit..." I whispered to myself.

I had realized that I didn't know what was in that makeup. I ran over to my makeup wipes and ran back downstairs.

I then witnessed the cutest scene I had ever seen in my life.

Michael was standing in front of Sofie with his hands on his hips, and Sofie doing the exact same thing.

I really didn't want to stop that scene, but I had to.

I ran over to Sofie, picked her up and sat her on the counter.